Filed under: Hearthstone Insider
Rehgar is a support character who posseses an ability set that goes along with his shaman class: he can turn into a spirit wolf, drop totems, and call upon the elements to aid him in battle. He seems to use a fist weapon for his basic physical attack, and I'm certain he'll have a range of fun shaman specialist attacks to go along with that. Frost Shock had better be on the cards! I'll also be interested to see what additional skins he gets--maybe a Thrall makeover, complete with epic braids?
The announcement of Reghar as a hero makes me very sad that Varian isn't a playable hero option. If you've been playing the alpha or watching streams, you may have noticed that heroes with lore connections in their respective franchises often have more personalized banter when they interact on the battlefield. I would love to see what Rehgar and Varian have to say to each other, but it doesn't seem to be on the cards just yet. Here's hoping for the future!
Welcome back to The Queue, the daily Q&A column in which the WoW Insider team answers your questions about the World of Warcraft. Adam Holisky (@adamholisky) will be your host today.
Nice questions in the Queue today. And I must say, it's a nice day out over all.
I just love it when it's 90 and humid.
Hint: I'm being sarcastic... very sarcastic.
Jeff "The Dude" LaBowski asked:
Why isn't begging for gold in WoW a ban worthy offense? Other than duel spam or guild invite spam, it's gotta be the most annoying thing.
Filed under: The Queue
Gallery: Around Azeroth 3
Want to see your own screenshot here? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We strongly prefer full-sized pictures with no UI or names showing. Include "Azeroth" in the subject line to ensure your submission dodges email spam filters; if you'd like to be credited, also include your name, guild and realm.
Filed under: Around Azeroth
So far it seems like people have a Not My Character's Face policy towards the revamp - they like how the new models are more detailed and are in general much more fluid and animated, but they still don't like it when the faces change.
So how about you? How attached to your character's face?
Filed under: Breakfast Topics
Remember that we need to keep the chat civil, so there are mods about to make sure everyone plays nice. Thanks for stopping by!
Filed under: WoW Insider Show
Slightly Impressive to a bang up job highlighting those bizarre little quirks. Take the time to check out the video, and let us know in the comments if you shared Griff's experiences. We'd love to hear your story!
Interested in the wide world of machinima? We have new movies every weekday here on WoW Moviewatch! Have suggestions for machinima we ought to feature? Toss us an email at email@example.com.
Filed under: WoW Moviewatch
So far, we've seen:
- Mad Scientist, a minion with a deathrattle effect that puts pulls a secret from your deck.
- Stoneskin Gargoyle, a minion that returns to full health at the start of every turn.
- Stalagg, a legendary 7/5 minion with a deathrattle effect that summons Thaddius if Feugen has died in the same game.
- Sludge Belcher, a 3/5 minion with taunt who summons a 1/2 minion with taunt on death.
- Maexxna, a legendary 2/8 beast that destroys any minion it damages.
- Zombie Chow, a 1-mana 2/3 minion that restores health to the enemy hero when it dies.
- Deathlord, a 2/8 minion with taunt and a deathrattle that lets your opponent put a minion from their deck onto the battlefield.
- Echoing Ooze, a minion that summons an exact copy of itself at the end of the turn.
- Feugen, a legendary 4/7 minion with a deathrattle effect that summons Thaddius if Stalagg has died in the same game.
- Spectral Knight, a 4/6 minion that can't be targeted by spells or hero powers.
- Haunted Creeper, a 1/2 beast that summons two 1/1 spiders on death.
- Kel'Thuzad, a legendary 6/8 who, at the end of the turn, summons all friendly minions that were killed during the turn.
- Nerub'ar Weblord, a 1/4 that causes all minions with battlecry to cost 2 more mana.
- Unstable Ghoul, a 1/3 minion with taunt that deals one damage to all minions on death.
- Wailing Soul, a 3/5 minion that silences your other minions when summoned.
- Thaddius, a legendary 11/11 minion who's summoned when both Feugen and Stalagg have died in the same game.
Filed under: Hearthstone Insider
However, even though WoW continues to pull in strong subscription numbers, the industry has seen the subscription model declining sharply while microtransaction revenue has been on an upswing. With both a healthy subscriber base and its own microtransaction strategy, WoW seems prepared to succeed no matter which direction the industry goes. However, the overall subscription trend begs the question: will we ever see a free-to-play version of WoW? Blizzard has said no, and with subscription stats like this we can see why.
The Elder Scrolls Online enjoyed another big reveal week, this time from its throne at QuakeCon, as it launched on Steam and announced new zones as well as a new system for active world PvP and criminal justice that embraces players' compulsive kleptomania. Massively ESO expert Jef Reahard examined some of the proposed updates in his Tamriel Infinium column.
Read on for a look at the rest of this week's top MMO stories.
Filed under: MMO Roundup