These new pet abilities on the Curse Gaming forums, if accurate, sound pretty darned awesome. As to their accuracy, several posters have noted that some of these abilities have been in the game (not available to players, but in the game) since beta, but never usable -- and that the final release of pet skills gave pets completely new abilities. To this, original poster Celebrimor notes that, in the Alpha release, these abilities now scale up to level 70, meaning they've at least been updated. (And why update them if not to make use of them in-game?) So are they real or just someone's idea of a bad joke? Read on and see what you think.
- Enraging Bite: reduces an enemy's resistance to physical attacks as well as drawing its attention. Angers a target, drawing its attention and lowering its armor value by 40.(Probably is a % armor reduction) (This is also a taunt effect)
- Growl of Fortitude: increases the maximum health of the bear. Grants the user 252+12.5/level(852 at level 70) additional hitpoints for 5 minutes, 7 minutes cooldown. Starts at level 22.
- Roar of Fortitude: increases the maximum health of everyone in your party. Increases max hitpoints of allies in your party by 200+10/level for 2 minutes(540 at level 70), 3 minutes cooldown. starts at level 36.
- Eye Peck: causes an enemy to miss more often in combat. 5% chance to Eye Peck, which lowers a target's chance to hit by 47% (it has -1 duration so i belive that it only works for 1 hit)
- Flight of the Peregrine: increase the movement speed of the bird. Increases movement speed by 100% for 15 seconds, 5 min cooldown.
- Pester: greatly increases the attack speed of the bird at the cost of dealing less damage. Every successful attack while in this mode renders the target unable to cast spells for a short time. Decreases damage done while granting a chance to silence on hit, lasts 15 seconds, 30 seconds cooldown.
- Gore: deals physical damage over time to an enemy. Deals 15+5.5/level(205 damage at level 48) damage to a target over 15 seconds. Starts at level 13, stops at level 48. 30 seconds cooldown.
- Toughen Hide ability: increases resistance to physical attacks. Increases armor value by 118+5.2/level(367 at level 70) for 10 seconds, 45 seconds cooldown. Starts at level 22. Probably is a % armor increase.
- Vital Wound: slows the attack speed of an enemy. Adds a 5% chance to do extra damage and slow attack rate of a target on a successful hit.
- Ferocity: increases attack speed of the cat at the cost of receiving more damage when hit by phsical attacks. Cat goes into a ferocious rage granting 50% haste but takes 60 more damage from attacks for 8 secons. 1 minute cooldown.
- Open Wound: deals physical damage over time to an enemy as well as increasing damage received by physical attacks for a short time. Adds a 5% chance to open a wound on a target causing damage over time and increased damage taken by 10%.
- Survival Instinct: stuns an enemy and attempts to run away causing the enemy to lose interest in attacking the cat. Stuns an enemy and attempts to run away causing the enemy to lose interest in attacking the cat. 2 second stun, 10 second cooldown.
- Clenched Pinchers: holds an enemy in place while dealing physical damage over time to it. While holding the enemy, the crab will be unable to attack or perform any other actions. Grabs a target, holding them in place for 15 seconds while doing 150+5/level (270 at max level) damage in that time. 60 second cooldown. (Note: crab looses channeling time when hit.)
- Tight Pinch: deals additional damage on the crab's next hit as well as stunning the enemy. Pinches down hard causing 18+1/level(64 at max level) damage and stunning a target for 5 seconds. 30 seconds cooldown.
- Tough Shell: gives your crab a chance to increase it's armor value when hit. Adds a 8% chance to temporarily increase armor when successfully hit. Adds 196 armor. (Probably is a % value)
- Consume Flesh: gives your crocilisk a chance to steal health from an enemy when attacking. Adds a 5% chance to drain 50 life from a target during combat.
- Pierce Ankle: knocks down an enemy and reduces it's movement speed.Knocks down an enemy and reduces it's movement speed by 35% for 6 sec. 30 seconds cooldown.
- Quick Snap: gives your crocilisk a chance to counterattack when hit. Adds 20% chance to counter attack when hit.
- Quickness: an attack that can hit multiple enemies. Adds 41-45 damage and hits one additional target, 1 minute cooldown.
- Throw Rock: a ranged attack. Throws a rock for 40-46 damage. 1.5 sec casting time.
- Bruise: gives your gorilla a chance to reduce the armor value of an enemy when attacking. Adds 11% chance to Bruise a target, which lowers the targets armor value by 176.
- Distracting Spit: increases physical damage dealt to an enemy. Adds 5+0.2/level(15 at level 70) damage taken on a target. 15 sec duration, 3 min cooldown.
- Strider Presence: helps regenerate health and mana. Increases health regeneration by 5+0.5/level(17 at max level) and mana regeneration by 10+0.5/level(22 at max level) of all allies in the party.
- Healing Tongue: heals friendly targets from a short range. Heals a friendly target for 62-72+7.7/level(431-441 at max level). 1 sec cast time, 15 sec cooldown.
- Poisonous Spit: ranged attack that deals damage over time to an enemy. Spits out poison at target which causes 150+5/level(320 at max level) damage over 15 seconds. 2 sec cast 2 min cooldown.
- Spider Poison: deals damage over time to an enemy. Adds a 5% chance to poison on a successful hit. Poison deals 390 damage over 30 seconds at max level.
- Web: Renders an enemy unable to move. Casts a web over an enemy, immobilizing it for 12 seconds. I think that you cant net the same target again for 20 seconds.
- Hand Snap: disarms a target for 8 seconds as well as dealing 36 damage over 8 seconds. 5% chance on hit.
- Thick Skin: gives your turtle a chance to increase it's armor value when hit. Adds a 15% chance to temporarily increase armor by 63 for 20 seconds when successfully hit.
- Enraged Howl: increases your party's strength and agility. Adds 12 strength and 12 agility to party members in a $a1 yard radius for 30 seconds. 1 min cooldown.
- Intimidating Growl: causes an enemy to run away in fear at an increased movement speed. Target creature becomes frightened and runs away at an increased speed for 5 seconds.
- Rabid Maw: reduces strength by 23 and agility by 23 for 30 seconds, 5% chance on hit.
- Feast of Prey: allows your raptor to recover health every time it kills an enemy. Steals 3 life/ level from a target after delivering a fatal blow.
- Tendon Slice: deals damage over time as well as slowing the enemies movement speed. Adds a 5% chance to slow a targets movement by 33% as well as do 60 damage over 8 seconds on a successful hit.
- Vulnerable: increases all physical damage done to an enemy for a short time. Finds a weak spot which causes the target to take 65(At highest level) more damage from physical hits for 3 seconds, 30 seconds cooldown.
- Claw Cover: increase chance to parry by 60% for 20 seconds, 1.5 minutes cooldown.
- Dig Trap: allows your scorpion to go into stealth, but it cannot move and it's sight range will be reduced. If it attacks from this position it will deal 169 additional damage. 90 seconds cooldown.
- Minor Scorpion Venom: deals damage over time to an enemy. Adds a 5% chance to poison on a successful hit. Poison deals 580 damage over 60 seconds.