As you may or may not know, the people who rang the gong to open the gates of Ahn'Qiraj now have the option of displaying a "Scarab Lord" title before their name. This goes nicely with their shiny black bug mounts. In the Scarab Lord thread, Nethaera says that Blizzard intends to implement new titles for Arena winners and other extraordiniary Azerothians.
Phunbaba of Perenolde makes some serious suggestions for new titles, including Sir/Lady (if you've killed every PVE boss in the game), Cruel (if you've killed 5,000 critters) and Fortunate (has looted 20 world epic drops.) Later on, the suggestions get sillier, with Sushi Lord (murloc killing) and Iron Chef (cooking skill) mentioned. I have a few less-than-serious suggestions of my own:
- Bondbreaker, for anyone who's been cited as the cause of breakup for five or more raiding guilds.
- Time Traveler, for anyone who still tells Chuck Norris jokes while leveling in the Barrens.
- Trendbuster, for female dwarf rogues.
- Mutineer, for anyone who's killed their guild leader more than 10 times in a raid by blowing him up on Baron Geddon, healing him on Nefarian's priest call, etc.
- War Profiteer, for anyone who actually sells a stack of Runecloth for a 99g buyout.
Can you think of some titles (serious or not so) that you'd like to see added in WoW?