Another week, another patch. WoW 2.0.6 PTRs are now up, and with them, patch notes. Here's the Priest, Hunter, and Mage stuff; behind the cut is the bug fixes (not much interesting there besides hopefully pet bars being fixed). Marksmanship Hunters lost a bit of damage, Priests' Shadow Word: Pain lost a bit of damage, and Mages' Fireball and Frostbolt lost a bit as well. However, Counterspell is now non-Global Cooldown, which means you can (for example) Counterspell and then immediately cast another spell. I honestly thought Mana Shield already did absorb magical damage as well as physical; shows what I know about mages.
- "Silencing Shot" now does only 50% of weapon damage instead of 75%.
- The base damage for "Arcane Shot" has been reduced by about 9% and the bonus damage from ranged attack power reduced from 20% to 15%.
- The bonus damage for "Barrage" is now 4/8/12% for ranks 1/2/3. [used to be 5/10/15%]
- The bonus damage for "Improved Barrage" is now 4/8/12% for ranks 1/2/3. [used to be 5/10/15%]
- Each rank of "Improved Fireball" now reduces your spell damage coefficient by 2%.
- Each rank of "Improved Frostbolt" now reduces your spell damage coefficient by 2%.
- "Counterspell" no longer triggers the global cooldown.
- "Mana Shield" now absorbs magical damage as well as physical damage.
- The bonus coefficient for "Shadow Word: Pain" has been reduced by about 9%. This should result in about 5% less damage done by "Shadow Word: Pain" for the typical priest.
- The "Frozen Shadoweave Boots" will now properly increase shadow damage.
- Players will no longer lose control of their character if they tryto talk to an NPC while mobs are aggro on them.
- The /equip command will now work on pieces of gear that are not in your primary bag.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some players to disconnect in Hellfire Citadel:Blood Furnace.
- The "Corruptor" 4 piece set bonus will now be properly applied.
- The Legion Fel Cannons at Forge Camp Anger in Blades Edge will now properly spawn above ground.
- The Arena queue tooltip will now show the arena that the player is queued for.
- Fixed an error that was causing players to disconnect if they tried to socket a gem that had been gift wrapped.
- Fixed an error that was causing players to disconnect forming a party with other members in the same area.
- Pet icons will now properly update in the Stables window.Improved the robustness of the pet action bar display. It is now less likely to be accidentally blocked by addons.
- Players will no longer hear the gong sound repeated after initially joining a queue for the battlegrounds.
- Having a group invite declined while queued via "Looking for More" will no longer remove you from the queue.
- Nethershards will no longer cost honor to purchase but will cost gold instead.
- Players will no longer be given access to both quest lines following the Declaration of Allegiance to the Scryers or Aldor in Shattrath City.