WoW has a pretty lenient death penalty compared to other games. Ten percent durability lost and a ghost run to your body is peanuts compared to, say, forcing your naked self to run back to your corpse while that jerk who killed you loots all your items. Still, there are some pretty annoying corpse runs in WoW, whether due to inconvenient graveyards, bugged-out death spawns, or simple geography. According to this thread, the top 5 worst corpse runs are (in ascending order of annoyance, since the blog software won't let me do a Letterman-style countdown):
- Blackwing Lair, Molten Core, UBRS, LBRS, or BRD. Not a long run, but probably the run everyone's done the most -- and we've all fallen into the giant pit in the middle and made 39 other people wait for us at some time.
- Razorfen Downs or Razorfen Kraul. Set yourself on autorun and get a cup of coffee.
- Coilfang Reservoir, particularly for Alliance. Am I the only person who can never see where they're going in the tunnel in ghost form?
- Getting back to C'thun before they added a teleport near the beginning of AQ40. A 100 percent speed mount usable inside, and it still took five minutes of running through what looks like intestines.
- The cave in Ravenswood in the northwestern part of Blade's Edge. Whoever designed that area should be forced to run through a maze with sharp pointy spikes on top of the walls until they collapse. I waited until I had a flying mount to do the zone since I had heard about the death runs, but dying in that cave is still a soulkiller.
What's your least favorite corpse run? Or what's the easiest? (Dying in Legion Hold in Shadowmoon Valley takes about 15 seconds for Horde, which is nice.)
Filed under: Breakfast Topics