A few people seem to be confused about what exactly the vaguely impending end of the arena season entails. Drysc is here to clear things up:
- Team ratings will not reset or decay after the season ends. Neither will arena points.
- New items may be introduced, but they may not, "depending on progression on the PvE front as well as what PvE content is available." I suppose this is because they don't want there to be a big gap between PvE and PvP gear.
- The sole purpose of the arena season is to give out the titles and armored nether drakes that go with being in the top 0.5% in your battlegroup.
The context of this blue post, by the way, was a thread entitled "Arena Season 2 is gonna suck bad." The argument is that after season one, everyone will have all their PvP gear, and there will be no more incentive to play. This argument seems to have two flaws:
- Not everyone will have all their gear at the end of the season.
- People will still play even if they have nothing to spend their points on -- yet. As Drysc points out, It wouldn't be very smart to quit playing just because there's nothing to buy, you're still making 'arena money".
New items may be added at the start of a new season, depending on progression on the PvE front as well as what PvE content is available. The end/start of a season is only guaranteed to mark the point where the title and armored nether drake rewards are given out. New items being added is dependant upon PvE factors.
To clarify a previous bit of information that we've given out that was incorrect; arena team ratings do not reset at the end of a season. Teams won't have to go through a 'reset period' where they're struggling to regain where they were.
Not all teams are going to have all of the rewards by the second season, in fact the large majority won't. Also, your arena points don't degrade and aren't removed at the end of the season, so you're building points as you go. Even if there are no rewards you want the prospect of new items in the future which you're saving up for, and of course the end of season rewards (title and mount). It wouldn't be very smart to quit playing just because there's nothing to buy, you're still making 'arena money".