One of the funniest threads I've ever seen on the WoW forums starts out in a fairly innocuous way: "One time my Astral Recall crit ... Found myself in New York," wrote the shaman Spaceshock. From that, the thread evolved into a pure being of win and awesome, as other players imagined what would happen if some of their abilities crit. The best include:
- One time my Tame Beast crit, and I ended up with a litter of kittens.
- One time my Lay on Hands crit, and I got sued for sexual harassment.
- One time my Ritual of Doom crit, and Kil'jaeden showed up.
- One time my Detect Traps crit, and I realized the rebuilt Death Star was fully operational.
- One time my Drain Soul critted and, well, it is really useless in the end and death is really the only thing to look forward to. Death is preferable to the endless swirling darkness that is the way we treat each other at the best of times.
- One time my Track Hidden crit and I found Osama.
- One time my Volley crit, and we had to fight in the shade.
- One time my Recklessness crit. I ran eighty-seven red lights, took eleven cars off the road, and smashed into a Wal-Mart.
- One time my Summon Treants crit, and I saved the rainforest.
What do your abilities do when they crit?