We got some crazy, cop-calling drama this week-- there's violence, sex, and even a little partying. I think it's just the summer-- WoW players get a little loony when it gets warm out, I guess. Fortunately, I've got the music from this guild video to calm me down.
If you've got a tip about drama, boss kills, or recruiting happening out there on the realms. drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime, hit the link below to see this week's Guildwatch.
*Update: Movie was autoplaying, sorry about that. Don't listen to the haters, Chaotic Precision moviemaker-- I like the music.
- Apocalypse on Anatheron has self-destructed, after having been around all the way since server launch.
- Here's another story like the big one last week-- Legendary of Firetree's GM was apparently asked by none other than Death and Taxes (yes, that D&T) to come and prot tank for them. But apparently it's even more complicated than that-- Legendary was famous for recruiting from other high progress guilds on Firetree and now that they've fallen apart, all the old guilds aren't allowing their old guildies back in, which means, says our anonymous tipster, that folks who were raiding the Black Temple are left scrambling to get back in a guild, any guild at all.
- Ex Cinis Cineris on Farstriders had officers exit en masse, not because they were asked, but because they were tired of not raiding. They've ended up in Nightstar Legacy, and ECC is left without, we're told 70% of their officers.
- First it was Kara drama, and now Gruul's drama is showing up. Silver on Blackhand-A had a scheduled Gruul run, and a few of the guildies didn't want to suffer through another afternoon of wiped, so they stayed raiding in Kara instead. The GM got angry, tells were exchanged, /ignores were sent, and then the Kara guildies were actually banned from Vent. Of course the whole group ended up /gquitting, and now they're hanging out in Divinity on the server (and recruiting-- msg Chocbunny for deets). Now, these guys are all excited that they broke away from their failed Gruul run, but guys-- if the run was scheduled, what were you doing in Karazhan anyway? Go on our guild runs, and if they suck, help your fellow guildies make them better. I'm sure you guys are better off because you quit-- fine. But don't skip a scheduled guild run-- what if your new guild starts sucking? Are you going to /gquit from that too?
- Heads up: Sleeper Cartel on Perenolde-A is having a summer party on August 18th. Mark your calendars!
- I give you, thanks to one of our intrepid tipsters, this terrific forum thread, and its title: "GM threatens physical violence (not joke)." Oh, my friend, but it is. Oh, but it is.
- Tinkerfind of Gamma Terra on EU Khadgar responds to last week's allegations that he ninjaed the guild bank and used the funds for his epic mount. He's got the whole story on his guild website, including unimpeachable evidence (a screenshot of.. a screenshot in Photoshop) that he did not, in fact, get his flying mount until 5/17. On the plus side, the guild bank's been fixed. Maybe that's all our tipster wanted in the first place.
- Oh man, who told this noob to write us? This place is for drama stories, not happy congrats! Oh well, I'll print it anyway: someone in Outland Crusaders on Aegwynn-H wants to thank Unsane for his goodwill and good-natured leadership. Apparently he works very hard to keep the guild together and match up everyone's very varied playstyles. Sigh. Good work-- I guess. Email me back when your guild breaks up!
- OMGZZZ GURL DRAMA. I have no idea what actually happened there, but I like this summary, from post 16: "Nattie was engaged to Nubi. Cyko was dating Drak. Nattie ended up doing/dating Drak, and if rumors are correct. Nattie's previously mentioned pregnancy was, in fact, not her former fiance's." It's like Jerry Springer, Azeroth-style.
- Midnight Coven on Elune-H has cleared out Kara, just five weeks after stepping in the front door.
- Chaotic Precision on Frostmane-H is rolling through Karazhan-- check their movie above (it's not much to watch, but I like the music). They're also recruiting healers and tanks.
- Unemployed on Illidan-H (the guys I originally thought were called Illidan's Unemployed, IMO a cooler name) have killed Gruul! Grats! They're also rocking Kara in 5 hours, which is handy.
- Wicked on Thunderhorn-H (my very own home server! Go Thorn!) finished off both Magtheridon and Void Reaver. Grats!
- Morbid Curiosity on Fenris-A got curious about the Maiden, and it was morbid enough that they one-shotted her the first time around. Nice!
- quiXotic on Thunderhorn-H (whoah-- what is this, T-Horn Horde week?) finished off Kara, and even gave High King Maulgar the ol' one-two.
- Pandemic on Bonechewer-A is recrutiing! They want to beef up the roster for 25 mans after clearing Karazhan (and eating a big burger, it looks like).
- Tussle on Tichondrious-A finished off Mag, and are looking for Shamans to help them out in SSC/TK. Interested parties can apply at the website.
- Wow, here's a good one-- Invictus on Alexstrasza-A is looking for an Enhancement and Resto Shammy, a Feral Druid, and a Shadow Priest for Hyjal and the Black Temple. I might join them myself-- if they weren't Alliance. Ha!
- When It Comes (winner of this week's Best Guild Name award) is recruiting folks over on Dath'Remar-A for Heroics and Karazhan.
- Kung Foo Monkey Badgers on Runetotem EU is looking for tanks and Priests for Karazhan-- attunement preferred, but if you're worth taking, they'll take you there.