Monde Persistants, a French Warcraft site, has released their full interview with Lead Designer Jeff Kaplan and Art Director Chris Robinson from last week's Leipzig Games Convention. Some of this information we already know, but there's quite a bit that was new to us. You can read the entire interview (in English!) and see the video at MP. Here's the summary of the new items:
- Part of the lore behind the Wrath of the Lich King expansion has Arthas trying to seduce players to the dark side, both Alliance and Horde.
- Part of the Death Knight lore will have them "break away" from the Lich King influence to be free agents, the way the Forsaken have broken away from being mindless undead.
- Death Knights will "probably" be able to inscribe any weapon with their Runes that give them power.
- Ulduar is going to be a new raid instance. It's controlled by storm giants and is a fortress of the Titans like Uldaman and Maruadon according to WoW lore.
- The Nerubians (spider guys) will host a few instances at the underground Azjol'Nerub.
- The Nexus will have a L70 5-man instance.
- The main boss in the CoT: Stratholme instance will be Mal'ganis.
- Possibly new daily quests introduced with the Sunwell Plateau patch (2.4?)
Via World of Raids