The patch 2.3 lovefest continues with some PvP action, starting off with the Arena. Blue posters Drysc and Kalgan have released information about Season 3 and what changes will be for it in patch 2.3:
- The Rating (not the points) required to purchase Season 3 weapons will be 1850.
- The Rating required to purchase Season 3 shoulders will be 2000.
- The Rating will not be required to wear the items, just to initially purchase them.
- The Personal Rating will be used to purchase the items, not the team rating.
Personal Rating System:
- It will be introduced in patch 2.3 and will be used in Season 3, which makes it sound like Season 3 will begin when 2.3 is released.
- The Personal Rating will be unique for each team the character belongs to.
- It will rise and fall using the same formula as the Team Ratings.
- It will only be affected by the games that the player plays in, not all team games.
- Eligibility for end of season rewards will be determined by the Personal Rating, which must be within 100 of the team's rating.
- It can't be padded by joining a new team. The Personal Rating will reset for the bracket when a new team is joined.
- There are more undisclosed changes coming to AV in patch 2.3.
- All battlegrounds will have a "free" buff period before the start of battle and briefly after being resurrected by the Spirit Guide, like the Arena.
- They will target a random battleground each day.
- You get them from Alliance Brigadier Generals and Horde Warmasters near the Battle Masters in all major capitals.
- The quests will reward gold, experience and honor.
- You can do the quests as soon as you are high enough level to do the battlegrounds. So on WSG days, level 11 characters can do the daily quests.