Two bosses will enter... but only one will leave in WoW Insider's fantasy deathmatch series. We're pitting two of Azeroth's raid bosses against one another in a battle that your votes get to decide -- until in the end we're left with a single boss as the ultimate champion. Be sure to check out our brackets for a full round-up of our ongoing fight schedule!) This week two Ahn'Qiraj bosses face down, faithful lieutenant Princess Huhuran turns against her master, the Old God C'thun. The battle of AQ commences! Read on to cast your vote on who makes it to the Final Four!
Princess Huhuran is an annoying resistance-based fight. But just having a high enough nature resistance won't win this one for you -- beyond her nature damage, she can also deal immense amounts of melee damage, especially when in Frenzy or Berserk. Her abilities are as follows:
- Frenzy: greatly increases melee damage.
- Poison Bolt: high nature damage to the closest 15 targets, only happens when in Frenzy or Berserk.
- Noxious Poison: high nature damage DoT which silences the target. Cast on a target at random.
- Wyvern Sting: AoE sleep that deals nature damage if cleansed.
- Acid Spit: low damage nature DoT on Huhuran's primary target -- but it stacks.
- Berserk: at 30% health, Huhuran will Berserk, greatly increasing her attack speed and causing her to send out Poison Bolts.
C'Thun is the final boss in Ahn'Qiraj, an old god considered to be one of the most difficult pre-Burning Crusade encounters. The fight has two phases, a standard DPS phase one where you run C'Thun's health from 100% to 0% and a phase two where C'Thun takes almost no damage -- but occasionally C'Thun takes out his opponents with high nature and shadow damage along with tentacle power. In a fight with C'Thun, you can expect to encounter the following abilities:
- Eye Beam: A nature damage attack that targets a single player, but jumps from the first player to subsequent players in range with increasing damage each jump.
- Dark Glare: An incredibly high damage (read: no player could survive it) shadow attack that sweeps 180 degrees across the room.
- Eye Tentacles: These tentacles spawn at intervals throughout the fight. Individually, they have low health, but they spawn in groups and do a Mind Flay-type spell. (With generally meaner "giant" versions spawning in phase two.)
- Claw Tentacles: These tentacles also spawn at intervals throughout the fight and have low health. However, unlike the Eye Tentacles, these do melee damage. (With generally meaner "giant versions spawning in phase two.)
- Stomach of C'Thun: In phase two, tentacles will swallow players and send them to C'Thun's stomach. As you might imagine, it's not a friendly place, and every few seconds damaging debuffs will stack on anyone inside. There's an easy exit from the stomach, but killing Flesh Tentacles inside the stomach weakens C'Thun, allowing him to be hurt and killed -- so you might want to stick around.