It can be really hard to be new to any game or community. Sometimes you just don't know what to do or if a question has been asked before. Have no fear! It's not scary at all to join the community on Hello Kitty Online. There are lots of nice, helpful, fun people who can't wait to be your friend.
Hello Kitty Online's forum moderators have instituted a positive posting policy. The guidelines are written to make sure that everyone is nice to each other and new members feel safe and secure posting to the website. If you're interested in posting on the Hello Kitty Online forums, make sure you follow these guidelines that were posted by Ishida:
- Respect the opinions and thoughts of others, regardless of how incorrect they may be (this does not include flaming, spamming and flooding).
- Be patient with the new community members. If they're having trouble about the site kindly direct them what to do so that they me be able to blend in with us all.
- Post with a purpose. We all know that this site is busy and we all want to share our experiences but please make sure that the topic you want to post hasn't been posted yet so that we could avoid redundancy and spam.
- Make an attempt to post in the proper forums. For instance, you would like to talk about music, you should post it in the music section and not inthe Anime section.
- It is always better to reply to a thread that has already been created than to start a new one. This completely throws off the main purpose of the discussion if it should branch out into another topic.
- If a topic is being debated, keep comments to the facts at hand - try not to criticize someone else's opinion, no matter how wrong you think it is.
- Insulting another member or "flaming" is never necessary under any circumstances.
- Do not pick on someone for making a redundant post or asking a "noob" question. If a thread needs to be closed, leave that to a moderator - taking care of such things is their job, NOT yours.
- If you find someone who is breaking the rules, please try to reason with them and not quarrel with them. If all else fails, report this user to the moderator along with the copy of your conversation as proof of their violation.
Remember to be respectful and treat other people the way that you want to be treated. Disagreements happen, but if you're going to play online you need to be mature enough to handle them. I can think of some other online game forums that could learn a lot from the Hello Kitty Online's positive posting policy.