Today's Reader UI of the Week comes from Zerfall, and Undead Warlock on server Eonar. He has many addons working together to support his game play. What I particularly like about his UI is that it's not cluttered, allows for good visibility, and uses what I would consider to be critical addons that everyone should at least try out.
I always find that Warlocks and Tanks have the most complicated UIs. Tanks because of the necessary information they need to have about everything and everyone, and Warlocks because of the large amount of spells at their disposal. Zerfall does a good job at organizing all his abilities using his action bars. One area is for miscellaneous items, one area for his pet bar, one for his curses and often used spells, and another for his lesser used spells and abilities. I always find that this kind of distinction is critical in a successful UI.
Gallery: Reader UI of the Week gallery
The major addons that Zerfall's using includes:
- AtlasLoot Enhanced - Database of in game items that you can get from various sources.
- Autobar - Dynamic and self changing button bar.
- Bartender - Action bars.
- Cartographer - World map enhancements.
- Clearfont2 - Changes the default font.
- CyCircled - Rounded action bar buttons.
- ElkBuffBars - Buff bar replacement.
- FuBar - Informaiton bars at the bottom and/or top of your screen.
- Omen - Threat meter.
- Outfitter - Save and change equipment on the fly.
- Prat - Chat modules.
- Quartz - Casting bars.
- Skinner - Apply skins to the UI and the bottom / top of the screen.
- Simple Minimap - Changes the location, size, and shape of the minimap.
- X-Perl - Player and raid frames.
Have a screenshot of your UI you want to submit? Send it, along with your character name and server, to email@example.com.
Filed under: Reader UI of the Week