To be able to use any mount you first need to be able to ride it. This is accomplished by purchasing the Riding skill. You can purchase new levels of riding skills at 40, 60, and 70.
At level 40 you can purchase the Apprentice Riding Skill. This skill lets you ride rare, or normal, ground mounts. At level 60 you can purchase the Journeyman Riding Skill, which lets you ride epic ground mounts. You can purchase these skills at the following locations, based on your race:
- Draenei – Aalun, Entrance to Exodar, Azuremyst Isle
- Dwarf – Ultham Ironhorn, Amberstill Ranch, Dun Morogh
- Gnome – Binjy Featherwhistle, Stellgrill's Depot, Dun Morogh
- Human – Randal Hunter, Eastvale Logging Camp, Elwynn Forest
- Night Elf – Jartsam, Cenarion Enclave, Darnassus
- Blood Elf - Perascamin, Entrance to Silvermoon City, Eversong Woods
- Orc - Kildar, The Valley of Honor, Orgrimmar
- Tauren - Kar Stormsinger, Bloodhoof Village, Mulgore
- Troll - Xar'Ti, Sen'jin Village, Durotar
- Undead - Velma Warnam, Brill, Trisfal Glades
- Alliance – Llsa Blusterbrew – Wildhammer Stronghold, Shadowmoon Valley
- Horde – Olrokk – Shadowmoon Village, Shadowmoon Valley
- Riding Crop Trinket - 10% non-stacking increase to mount speed.
- Carrot on a Stick Trinket - 3% stacking increase to mount speed.
- Mithril Spurs Attachment - 4% stacking increase to mount speed.
- Riding Skill Enchantment - 2% stacking increase to mount speed.
- Paladin Crusader Aura - 20% non-stacking increase to mount speed.
|WoW Insider's Guide to the Mounts of the World of Warcraft
|Table of Contents||Index|