The fun of whipping up recipes for Well Fed Buff is that, like WoW itself, you can play at so many levels: a Fisherman's Feast for readers who cook, Conjured Croissants for those who don't ... Moonbrook Riot Taffy for those who simply want a snack, or Cherry Grog for players who prefer to avoid slaving over a hot oven at all ... There's something for every play style.
Up this week: a low-level dinner recipe that everyone should work into their basic spec – Ogri'la Chicken Fingers. Attention, casters: no frying is involved, so you can pull this one off at range, without getting into melee on the stovetop.
Ogril'la Chicken Fingers
Use: Restores 7500 health over 30 sec. Must remain seated while eating.
"Less a finger than a whole arm."
Sold by Ogri'la Grubgiver in Blade's Edge Mountains
4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breasts or chicken strips
½ cup bread crumbs (ready-made; or toast bread slices and crumble)
½ cup Parmesan cheese
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 egg, beaten
2 tsp. oil
The strat: basics for n00bies
Beat the egg and oil together in a small bowl; combine the dry ingredients together in another bowl. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, then into the breading mixture (both sides). Plop into a baking dish or baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 30 minutes, or until tender and slightly brown (longer for larger chicken breasts, shorter if you're doing "fingers").
The beauty of this very basic recipe is how easy it is for inexperienced cooks to vary the ingredients according to taste and what's in the pantry. Rummage through your various gear sets to find the respecs that best suit your own raid makeup.
- Buff other stats by adding various herbs to the dry mix. Go easy. Start with ½ tsp. at a time, until you learn how much you can add without pulling aggro.
- Add +Sta by substituting wheat germ for part of the bread crumbs.
- Try basil and oregano for a traditional +Agi boost.
- Experiment with thyme, marjoram and parsley for your casters.
- Fire Mages, Holy Priests and Warlocks will enjoy a healthy sprinkle of garlic powder and paprika.
- Try Romano or Swiss cheese instead of Parmesan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese on top of the chicken for the last 5 minutes of baking time.
- Skip the cheese entirely – rely on sheer attack power!