Liveblogs and other event reporting:
- Opening Ceremony liveblog: If you haven't heard yet, there was a pretty big announcement at this one.
- Developer's Class Panel: There's a little something for every class in here. Find out what's coming for your favorite character!
- Q&A Grab Bag Panel: See what WWI attendees had on their minds, and how the developers answered.
- Dungeons and raids panel: See what's next in the Caverns of Time, Ulduar, and more. Don't forget to check out parts two, three, and four for the whole scoop.
- PvP panel: Find out about Lake Winterspring, siege engines, Arenas, Battlegrounds, and pretty much everything except class balance. Includes pictures! Be sure to check parts two, three, and four as well.
- Arena Tournament, day 1: Amanda Dean breaks down the results.
- Notes from the costume contest: See how creative your fellow fans are -- includes pictures!
- The goodie bag: Even in real life, we like our epic loot. Let us show you the swag.
Of course, if the flood of liveblog information makes your head spin, no worries, we have analysis on every angle and every little tidbit discussed during the Invitational. Check them out after the break.
Panel Analysis by Class
- Death Knight: Yes, you can still make a Gnome Death Knight!
- Druid: Did someone say Dire Cat Form?
- Hunter: Pet customization is finally coming, and shot rotations as we know them may be a thing of the past.
- Warlocks: Demon Form sounds awesome, but how effective is it?
- Warrior: Protection Warriors doing DPS! Fury Warriors dual-wielding 2h weapons! Cats and dogs living together!
- Shamans: You want some totem loving? You got it. Hey, we'll even throw in some crowd control.
- Paladins: Changes are coming to Paladin healing, among other things.
- Mages: Elementalist builds will get a little boost in WoTLK.
- Rogues: I still say Rogues are slowly turning into the Warden hero class. Which is cool with me, I always liked Maiev.
- Priests: 3 new Priest spells took the stage at the panel, and Alex asks the tough questions about them -- Will they really work for the Priest class?
Gameplay News and Analysis
- Raid buffs: Find out which group buffs will be made raid-wide come WoTLK.
- Gear resets: Good news! You may not look like a clown at level 72.
- Double speccing: Doing dailies just to pay for your PvP and raiding respecs may be a thing of the past.
- PvP panel analysis part I: Zach looks at Lake Wintergrasp.
- PvP panel analysis part II: Zach gives his take on the new Arena maps.
- Heroic attunements are gone: Alex discusses the ramifications of this decision.
- Nonlinear dungeons and WoTLK: We all like going off the rails every once in a while.
- Nihilum raids live: Ready Check columnist and WWI Paris attendee Jennie Lees gives her impressions.
Video by Turpster
Turpster goes to Paris: Find out what happens when you set a wild Turpster lose on the streets of the city of lights.
Meet and greet in the WWI queue: Turpster scopes out the convention hall and chats it up in the waiting line.
Turpster's day 1 video roundup: You've never seen the Gnome dance like this before.
WoW on Linux? It's more likely than you think!
Don't think this is it either. Be sure to keep checking back here on WoW Insider throughout the day, as we'll continue to release more juicy news and analysis from the weekend and beyond all day.
Gallery: Worldwide Invitational 2008
Gallery: Worldwide Invitational goodie bag
Gallery: Wrath of the Lich King