Skip to Content
7-05-2008 @ 6:14PM
The amount of gold and lack of attunements are just enablers, not the real source of the problem. Rather, there is a very real demand by the 90% of players that are not hard core raiders to see endgame content, to confront Illidan and Archimonde and be involved in the epic storyline, encounters, and adventure of Warcraft. That demand has always been there, but with the removal of attunements and massing of gold, it’s now much easier to satisfy.I’m not convinced this is a problem that needs fixing. But for what it’s worth, I think we are going to see less and less of this come WOTLK. Not only will the presence of more gold-sinks help remove one of the enablers, but the changing of raids to always having a 10-man version will make it that much easier for everyone and their grandmother to see true endgame content and participate it in the epic story and battles. There will always be an elite 10% of the player base that pushes the bleeding edge of the content, but the changes to the game should help alleviate some of the pent-up demand that the remaining 90% of the players have for end-game.
First time? A confirmation email will be sent to you after submitting.
Members enter your username and password.
Enter your AOL or AIM screenname and password.
Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments.
When you enter your name and email address, you'll be sent a link to confirm your comment, and a password. To leave another comment, just use that password.
To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address and we will make it a live link for you. You can put up to 3 URLs in your comments. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted — no need to use <p> or <br /> tags.