Good Morning everyone. On this Tuesday morning, most of us can rest easy: Just a quick restart at 5 AM PDT, and we'll be good to get back in the game. There a few servers, however, that will have to deal with an extended maintenance period, lasting until 11 AM PDT. You can see the full list of those servers here.
For players on those servers, and those of us who can't sneak in some WoW time at school or work, I bring you the perfect solution: A roundup of some of the best news and analysis from the past week here at WoW Insider. Dig in, and keep it here throughout the day for more breaking news, guides, and analysis.
- Starting your day with a crossword puzzle can be both fun and mentally stimulating. How about giving this WoW-themed one a try?
- Here's a friendly reminder from Nexus Prince Haramad, just in case you forgot last week: be sure to get your gems for July!
- There are an amazing amount of actions that annoy Allison.
- Here's an interesting world first: A multiboxer makes Gladiator in the Arenas.
- If being Myspace friends with a Murloc isn't enough, how about buying your own?
- Blizzard COO Paul Sams is calling out Microsoft on the subject of PC gaming.
- Not only is the Blizzard Authenticator sold out, but some people who made it in under the wire are having trouble actually getting their order.
- Will we ever see the Scourge Invasion event again? Kisirani is hinting that we might finally get a return engagement.
- With tank shortages reaching critical levels almost everywhere, now's a good time to discuss how to build and keep a good tanking corps. Be sure to check part 2 as well.
- The 4th of July was this past week, and nothing says 4th of July like good old fashioned... copyright infringement?
- Is buying your way through tier 6 raid content an insult to those who work hard to take down bosses on their own, or is a win-win situation for rich casuals and guilds in need of reagent and repair money? Join the discussion.
If that's not enough for you, we have fresh Wrath of the Lich King and Worldwide Invitational news waiting after the break.
The Worldwide Invitational is fading into memory, but there's still plenty of leftover analysis and discussion to be had. Here's a few stray pieces of news and analysis to keep you going until the next big set of news.
- Our WoW Insider Paris team got a chance to sit down with Xfire and shoot the breeze about everything from Death Knights to the innate sexiness of Gnomes.
- If you haven't had a chance to listen yet, check out the WoW Insider Show's WWI episode, live from Paris. Well, sort of from Paris. Turpster was there, at least.
- In case you were wondering about the in-game pet that WWI attendees are getting: It's Tyrael, and I'm jealous.
- Casual? Not sure why you should be excited about any of the WWI news? Let Robin Torres enlighten you.
WotLK's probably still at least a few months away, but there was some pretty exciting news about it this week anyway:
- Beta signups are open. If you haven't signed up yet, get on it! Be sure to check out the FAQ if you're unsure of something.
- WoTLK Collector's Edition hasn't technically been announced yet, but we may have a shot of the box anyway.
- While we're at it, here's a possible shot of the normal WoTLK box, too.
- Matthew Rossi discusses what's ahead for Shamans in WotLK.
- Join Scattered Shots for a discussion on what might be up with pet talent trees.
- So how should the dev team go about fixing Mages? Arcane Brilliance weighs in.
- Just in case you were a little afraid, don't worry. We won't have to pay too much to get our flying mounts airborne again in Northrend.