- Breaking "our" addons and mods.
- Incorporating features from popular addons into the default User Interface, and thus breaking addons and mods. There's also a sentiment that Blizzard is "stealing" these ideas rather than being innovators.
- Fixing "their" bugs which in turn breaks "our" addons and mods. The suggestion is that they don't care, or could take steps to prevent this.
Gallery: Patch drama
- Patches don't come out very often, and there is lots of warning given. In fact, many developers of addons can fix their products before the patch by using the Public Test Realms.
- In most cases, all you need to do is update your addons. Using an updater program, this takes mere minutes.
- If you can't go a few days without certain addons, perhaps you are too dependent upon them.
- Adding and tweaking content will break other things, including third party applications. You might fix some terrain and end up with tiny Orc shoulder armor, because things aren't connected as simply as one might think.
Where do you stand on the issue?