There's nothing stunning, I'm afraid; more like some nice upgrades to current favorites. But I certainly expect be popping flasks and pots in Naxx at least as much as I currently am in Zul'Aman. Anyway, let's see what we've got. I'll compare to the BC or old-world versions where appropriate.
Flasks first, since that's what I'm most interested in (and I'll bet that holds for many of you as well).
- Flask of Endless Rage: Increases attack power by 180 for two hours (50% more than Relentless Assault). 7 Lichbloom, 3 Fire Leaf, 1 Frost Lotus, 1 Enchanted Vial
- Flask of Pure Mojo: Increases mana regeneration by 38 mp5 for two hours (52% more than Mighty Restoration). 7 Pygmy Oil, 3 Icethorn, 1 Frost Lotus, 1 Enchanted Vial.
- Flask of Stoneblood: Increases the player's maximum health by 650 for two hours (20% more than Fortification, but doesn't have the defense rating bonus). 7 Talandra's Rose, 3 Crystallized Earth, 1 Frost Lotus, 1 Enchanted Vial.
- Flask of the Frost Wyrm: Increases spell power by 125 for two hours (56% more than Blinding Light/Pure Death, and works on all schools as well as healing). 7 Icethorn, 3 Lichbloom, 1 Frost Lotus, 1 Enchanted Vial.
So we've got our physical DPS flask, our magic DPS flask (and healing?), our mana regen flask, and our tanking flask. Neat and tidy, and I don't expect to see anyone using old flasks like some people do nowadays (Distilled Wisdom is my standard holy priest flask). I still want to know where this Pygmy Oil comes from. It looks like Frost Lotus is going to be an herb of its own, like Black Lotus, and not a rare drop from other herbs like Fel Lotus, based on the fact that it has its own model in the game files. I'm not sure as a healer whether I'd be more likely to use Pure Mojo or Frost Wyrm; I guess it depends how the spells and talents shake out, as well as the encounters themselves. It's nice to have options.
How about the elixirs?
- Spell Power Elixir: Increases spell power by 58 for one hour (compare to Adept's Elixir). 2 Goldclover, 1 Talandra's Rose, 1 Imbued Vial.
- Elixir of Mighty Agility: Increases your Agility by 45 for one hour (compare to Elixir of Major Agility). 2 Goldclover, 2 Adder's Tongue, 1 Imbued Vial.
- Elixir of Mighty Strength: Increases your Strength by 50 for one hour (43% better than Elixir of Major Strength). 2 Goldclover, 2 Deadknettle, 1 Imbued Vial
- Guru's Elixir: Increases all stats by 20 for one hour (33% better than Elixir of Mastery). 1 Pygmy Oil, 1 Adder's Tongue, 1 Imbued Vial.
- Wrath Elixir: Increases attack power by 90 for one hour (50% better than Onslaught Elixir). 2 Goldclover, 1 Deadknettle, 1 Imbued Vial.
- Elixir of Mighty Defense: Increases your armor by 800 for one hour (60% better than Major Defense). 2 Icethorn, 1 Crystallized Earth, 1 Imbued Vial.
- Elixir of Mighty Fortitude: Increases maximum health by 350 and restores 20 health per 5 seconds for one hour (40% more health, 100% more hp5 than Major Fortitude). 4 Goldclover, 1 Imbued Vial.
- Elixir of Spirit: Increases spirit by 50 for one hour (66% more spirit than Draenic Wisdom, but no Int). 2 Talandra's Rose, 1 Imbued Vial.
- Elixir of Toughness: Increases resilience rating by 50 for one hour (66% better than Ironskin). 3 Deadknettle, 1 Imbued Vial.
I assume there are more elixirs to be seen, as this selection seems incomplete; there were 19 new elixirs added in BC. As it stands, I could definitely see some people using Draenic Wisdom over Spirit.
And last up, what have we got to look forward to in the way of new potions? There are quite a few of them, so I'll split them into two parts.
- Crazy Alchemist's Potion: Causes a random effect, which may or may not be helpful (compare Mad Alchemist's Potion, which is never unhelpful). 2 Goldclover, 1 Imbued Vial.
- Indestructible Potion: Increases armor by 3500 for two minutes (40% more armor than Ironshield). 1 Goldclover, 1 Crystallized Earth, 1 Imbued Vial.
- Potion of Wild Magic: Increases spell critical rating by 60 and spell power by 180 for 15 sec (I'm not sure of the conversion between crit rating and crit chance at 80, but 50% more spell power than Destruction Potion). 2 Lichbloom, 1 Pygmy Oil, 1 Imbued Vial.
- Potion of Speed: Increases haste rating by 500 for 15 sec (25% better than Haste Potion). Adder's Tongue, 2 Pygmy Oil, 1 Imbued Vial.
I'm really curious what the effects are from Crazy Alchemist's. Presumably, it will be cheap and BoP like Mad Alchemist's. I'm also a little intrigued at the increase on Speed - they'd have to improve it to make anyone want to craft it over Haste, but haste rating seems like the one stat that would scale all through the game.
- Powerful Rejuvenation Potion: Restores 2475 to 4125 mana and health (50% better than Super Rejuvenation). 2 Talendra's Rose, 2 Lichbloom, 1 Imbued Vial.
- Potion of Nightmares: Puts the imbiber in a slumber where they face and defeat their darkest fears. During that time the imbiber restores 5400 health and mana, but they are extremely vulnerable (50% better than Major Dreamless Sleep; 200% scarier). 1 Goldclover, 1 Talendra's Rose, 1 Imbued Vial.
- Resurgent Healing Potion: Restores 1500 to 2500 health (requires level 55; same effect as Super Healing). 3 Goldclover, 1 Imbued Vial
- Runic Healing Potion: restores 2700 to 4500 health (requires level 65; 80% better than Super Healing). 1 Goldclover, 2 Icethorn, 1 Imbued Vial.
- Icy Mana Potion: restores 1800 to 3000 mana (requires level 60; same effect as Super Mana). 2 Goldclover, 1 Tiger Lily, 1 Imbued Vial.
- Runic Mana Potion: Restores 3240 to 5400 mana (requires level 65; 80% better than Super Mana). 1 Goldclover, 2 Lichbloom, 1 Imbued Vial.
Making new versions of the Super Healing and Super Mana Potions is an interesting move. Is it to help alchemists level up? Will they be cheaper than the Super potions? From what I can tell, those mats don't look super-low. I guess we'll just have to see. And while Dreamless Sleep saw some use in 40-man raids in the old world, I don't hear about it being used much in BC - anyone a fan?
Finally, there are Mighty Protection Potions for arcane, fire, frost, nautre, and shadow; they each absorb 4200 to 6000 damage of their respective elements, which is 50% better than the current Major Protection Potions. There doesn't seem to be a Mighty Holy Protection potion. The reagents for all of these are: two of the corresponding Crystallized element (I think Crystallized elements take the place of Motes) and one imbued vial, except for Arcane, which uses 3 Lichbloom and the vial.
Well, that's a lot to digest. Or wait a minute - are potions, elixirs, and flasks digested? We need to know more about Azerothian metabolism. At any rate, Alchemists will have plenty of bubbly new products to sell on the icy tundra. What will you be bringing to your first Naxx run?