With Wrath of the Lich King barreling down upon us, we felt somewhat compelled this week to pull a recipe from a less well-travelled area of the old world. Come with us back to Feralas this week for a simple but satisfying recipe from a gentler, simpler time.
Reagents: Raw Whitescale Salmon, Soothing Spices
Requires Cooking (275)
Pick up the recipe in Feralas from Sheendra Tallgrass (Horde) or Vivianna (Alliance). You can fish Raw Whitescale Salmon in Eastern Plaguelands, Winterspring, Alterac Valley, Burning Steppes, Feralas and Zul'Gurub.
1 lb. salmon fillets (fresh or frozen)
½ cup wheat germ
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (fresh or canister)
¼ teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper
Oregano or dill weed to taste (1/4 teaspoon or more)
¼ cup melted butter
1. Set up the raid groups. Combine the wheat germ, Parmesan cheese and seasonings in a small bowl.
2. Debuff the butter. Dispel the butter in a second bowl; about 30 seconds in the microwave, just until melted, should do the trick.
3. Send in melee one at a time. With a fork, dip each piece of salmon first into the melted butter and then into the seasoning mixture, coating thoroughly.
4. Position the melee players. Place the battered salmon on an ungreased baking sheet.
5. DPS. DPS in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Lemon wedges, of course, are always a plus in this encounter. It's best to let each player apply his own lemon wedge.
- This encounter is entirely possible without any players from the Parmesan class. No need for a substitute; simply leave the slot free.
- Sprinkle on a small amount of finely grated cheese (white cheeses are best) when the boss is down to about 10% health (about 2-3 minutes before cooking is complete).
- You may not want to post this fact openly on your forums (to avoid QQing and even despair from your seasoning classes), but any seasoning spec in this raid is interchangeable with other seasoning spec. Feel free to substitute chili powder and paprika for a spicier encounter; basil and oregano for an Italian-style encounter; or feel free to invite whatever PuGs you find in the pantry.
- Seasonings still equipped with green gear – i.e. fresh seasonings – need to be minced finely before they will mix well with the rest of the raid party.
Filed under: Well Fed Buff