Last night's beta patch brought a new round of Shadow Priest changes and glyphs (along with every other class), some good and some bad. Some of them are rather exciting like the addition of Devouring Plague to our repertoire and the changes to Dispersion, but I'll let you dig right into things.
- Devouring Plague cooldown has been reduced to 30 seconds (down from 3 minutes) and has had its mana cost greatly reduced.
- Dispersion's new groove: You disperse into pure Shadow energy, reducing all damage taken by 90%. You are unable to attack or cast spells, but you regenerate 6% mana every 1 second for 6 seconds. Dispersion can be cast while stunned, feared, or silenced. If Dispersion runs its full duration and you are not the victim of any damage or harmful effects during its duration, your spells gain 25% damage for 1 min.
In PvE, this just got awesome. Not being able to DPS for 6 seconds before pretty much sucked, because forced lost DPS time is never, ever good. Now, though? A lose of 6 seconds for +25% damage for a minute, every 3 minutes? Yes! Yessss!
- Psychic Horror has lost its Horror effect and has become: Causes your Psychic Scream ability to inflict Psychic Horror on the target when the fear effect ends. Psychic Horror reduces all damage done by the target by 15/30% for 6 seconds.
- Vampiric Touch has been changed to only trigger Replenishment when you deal damage with Mind Blast while VT is on your target. Replenishment changed to regenerate 0.25% of max mana every second, down from 0.5%
I would much rather see it trigger off of Vampiric Touch's own damage, but maybe there were timing issues with the buff there, too. I'm curious if it's going to happen again with Mind Blast.
- Improved Shadowform gives you a 50/100% chance to remove all movement impairing effects when using Fade while in Shadowform again.
- Misery changed to - Your Shadow Word: Pain, Mind Flay and Vampiric Touch spells also increase the chance for harmful spells to hit by 1/2/3% lasting 24 sec, and increases the damage of your Mind Blast, Mind Flay and Mind Sear spells by an amount equal to 5/10/15% of your spell power.
- Shadow Power now increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Mind Blast, Mind Flay, and Shadow Word: Death spells by 20/40/60/80/100%.
- Shadow Resilience replaced with Mind Melt, which increases the critical strike chance of Mind Blast, Mind Flay, and Mind Sear spells by 2/4%.
- Glyph of Fade - Increases the duration and cooldown of your Fade spell by 50%. Prior to this build, this glyph increased the effect of Fade by 100%.
- Glyph of Shadowfiend - Receive 5% of your macimum mana if your Shadowfiend dies from damage.
[ Unofficial patch notes courtesy of MMO-Champion, commentary my own ]