Skip to Content
11-15-2008 @ 2:40PM
This feat doesn't point to a problem with Blizzard "tuning down" the game. I just means that there are people out there (like this guild conglomerate) that probably should spend more time away from the game. The rest of us are still enjoying content, often on multiple characters, and are cruising at level 71 or 72 at the moment. In my opinion, it isn't Blizzard's job to keep these "top-end" players from experiencing "all PVE content" within three days. These guys are merely anomalies among the millions of other WOW players around the world.
11-15-2008 @ 2:49PM
Well said. Why should Blizzard spend the time and effort and money to make a whole expansion difficult for 2% of the WoW population at the expense of making it nearly impossible for the other 98%?
11-15-2008 @ 2:54PM
QFT. But what annoys me to no end is their insult against us "casuals." For example, on their homepage, they have a little paragraph explaining their concern for how easy they cleared the end-game content: "he question in all our minds right now is if we could do this, how soon until the rest of the top guilds in the world clear all the raid content that WOTLK has to offer? Did Blizzard miscalculate in the tuning of these encounters? Or is this Blizzard folding under the weight of a large casual player base that demands to be on equal footing with end-game raiders?"The more I think about it....the more I realize that the guys in these two top-end guilds are probably incredibly egocentric....I mean it's like they cannot stand to see "casuals" killing the same bosses as they do. They feel entitled to content that's *so* difficult that only they would be able to successfully clear it because they probably spend 10+ hours a day playing WoW...
11-15-2008 @ 3:59PM
Ok I got my game midnight launch and, mainly because of work, I just dinged 71 an hour ago. But I have enjoyed every minute of it. The quests really are more fun this time, with lots of fun little twists to them to make them refreshing. Riding a harpoon down to the keep is one of my all time favorite lol moments in the game. "Svenhoek, you are seriously sick in the head. What kind of depraved human being rides a harpoon for transport!"
11-15-2008 @ 4:37PM
"...that probably should spend more time away from the game..."When you are paying for their accounts you may tell them what to do with their time. Until then, shut your cakehole.
11-15-2008 @ 4:46PM
These are alos the people who will complain when they say there is no more content for them to play with.*sheesh*then again I'm an alt-a-holic who is trying to get 3 70s through the xpac!! :)
11-15-2008 @ 6:24PM
"The more I think about it....the more I realize that the guys in these two top-end guilds are probably incredibly egocentric....I mean it's like they cannot stand to see "casuals" killing the same bosses as they do. They feel entitled to content that's *so* difficult that only they would be able to successfully clear it because they probably spend 10+ hours a day playing WoW..."kinda dumb. They're still the hardcore players and thus will be the ones most likely to be the world first of any raid encounters. Casuals will be killing them as easily, but never will these casuals beat them at the 'first!' game.Isn't that all that matters?
11-16-2008 @ 1:10PM
Why would I not want the game to be built to my specifications? I, as a consumer, want the best product for ME. I am sighing over the fact that the game is not the best it could be for ME. I care nothing for you, or your enjoyment of the game.
11-20-2008 @ 9:54PM
"When you are paying for their accounts you may tell them what to do with their time."Your argument is largely invalid as these Guilds don't pay for their own accounts. They are "sponsored," meaning that they have ridiculous brand endorsements to pay for their non-stop "professional" gaming habits.
11-28-2008 @ 1:39PM
This is what SK and Nihilum do for a living dude, they play video games
First time? A confirmation email will be sent to you after submitting.
Members enter your username and password.
Enter your AOL or AIM screenname and password.
Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments.
When you enter your name and email address, you'll be sent a link to confirm your comment, and a password. To leave another comment, just use that password.
To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address and we will make it a live link for you. You can put up to 3 URLs in your comments. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted — no need to use <p> or <br /> tags.