Skip to Content
12-09-2008 @ 8:58PM
Blizz has gone out of their way to make it clear that they want their content available to the masses, "not just the 5% of hardcore raiders." They have stated in articles that they are willing to sacrifice the 5% of hardcores to get the other 95% (albeit all the new people who sign up) access to this content. I would be surprised if they do make it much harder.However, my thoughts on this are, why not make the 25-man raids harder and leave the gear they drop the same. I hear the arguments that the difficulty-to-reward ratio would make people not want to do it. I disagree. If there was gear that was 10% better than the 10-man gear, it's worth it.I am no hardcore raider (been to Karazhan many times, but Gruul's a couple times, no Mag) but there is something to be said about seeing people in awesome gear and striving for it. If everyone has the same awesome gear on, then its kind of a turn off, if you ask me. It dilutes the experience.
First time? A confirmation email will be sent to you after submitting.
Members enter your username and password.
Enter your AOL or AIM screenname and password.
Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments.
When you enter your name and email address, you'll be sent a link to confirm your comment, and a password. To leave another comment, just use that password.
To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address and we will make it a live link for you. You can put up to 3 URLs in your comments. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted — no need to use <p> or <br /> tags.