Every week The Overachiever gives advice, walkthroughs and guides on completing your latest Achievement obsession.
Last week, I kicked off this new column covering the "I've Toured the Fjord" Quest Achievement for the Wrath starting zone Howling Fjord. Today, as promised, I'm going to cover the Quest Achievement for the other starting zone in Northrend, Borean Tundra with "Nothing Boring about Borean" (A/H)
But first, I want to highlight some excellent resources brought to my attention in the comments of last week's column. I stated that there was no way to track which quests you have completed and which you haven't. Turns out you can with an AddOn called Everyquest. It can only track quests you've done after it's been installed, but you can manually mark off quests you've done previously. An alternative is QuestGuru.
Another good tip is to turn on your low level quest tracker if you are going back to older zones to finish off quests. You'll find it by right-clicking on the magnifying glass icon on the edge of your mini-map.
Now, on to the good stuff!
In the reverse of the Howling Fjord situation, the Horde have more quests to cover (150) in this zone than the Alliance (130.) Quests taking you into the 5-man instance The Nexus will not count for this Achievement.
Here's what you can do to finish up your questing in this zone:
Step 1: Check out quest lists for Borean Tundra:
Step 2: There are quite a few quests in Borean Tundra that involve items to continue the chain, but only two that are started by items:
- Massive Moth Omelet? (H) - On the cliffs near the cave southeast of Warsong Hold, a massive glowing egg needs to be delivered. No chain, small reward, but there you go.
- The Honored Ancestors - A four part chain started by, well, a giant talking rock in southwest Coldrock Quarry. You can't miss it.
- D.E.H.T.A. Encampment - There is an easily missed series of quests in the middle of the zone that has you striking back against Nesingwary and his animal-killing ways. First comment in this WoWHead thread has a run down of all the quests in the chain. It also gives you an Achievement. Bonus: Cenarion Expedition faction gains.
- Coldarra - This is the island off the west coast of the mainland. There are a series of quests at the Transitus Shield there that will help you top off your quest list. Also it gives you the lore behind The Nexus instance.
- Winterfin Retreat - You get to save murlocs, chase murlocs, even dress like one. A quest chain not to be missed. Head to the northwest coast and speak to King Mrgl-Mrgl. Also, more Cenarion Expedition faction.
- D.E.H.T.A.'s Little P.I.T.A.
- Explore Borean Tundra
- Loremaster of Northrend (A/H) - Nothing Boring About Borean is part of this meta-Achievement