In the fast and furious world of Wrath of the Lich King, Blizzard delivers a new patch hot on the heels of the less-than-stellar Patch 3.0.8. According to MMO Champion, Patch 3.0.9 will be going live this week, likely after Tuesday's weekly maintenance. It's a relatively minor patch but will have some significant changes for some classes and encounters. Notable changes include:
- Paladin seals now last 30 minutes and are no longer dispellable
- The Divine Plea nerf is pushing through, with the heal penalty raised to 50% but no longer dispellable
- Hunger for Blood was buffed, and Mutilate was nerfed
- Curse of Tongues, Slow, and Mind-Numbing Poison were nerfed to a maximum of 30% casting speed penalty
- The void fissures in the Obsidian Sanctum have been recolored to make the encounter easier
- Ferocious Bite: This ability now only uses up to 30 energy in addition to its base cost.
- Kindred Spirits (Beast Mastery): This talent now grants 20% pet damage at max rank.
- Serpent's Swiftness (Beast Mastery): This talent now grants 20% pet attack speed at max rank.
- Lava Breath now reduces the target's casting speed by 25%, down from 50%.
- Poison Spit now reduces the target's casting speed by 25%, down from 50%.
- Arcane Power now increases damage and mana cost by 10%, cooldown reduced to 1 minute.
- Arcane Power and Presence of Mind now share a category cooldown. Arcane Power causes a 15 second cooldown. Presence of Mind, once consumed, causes a 1.5 second cooldown.
- Arcane Flows now reduces the cooldown of Presence of Mind, Arcane Power and Invisibility by 15/30%.
- Presence of Mind: The cooldown has been reduced to 2 minutes, (down from 3.)
- Slow (Arcane): now increases cast time by 30%, down from 60%.
- Glyph of Arcane Missiles -- Increases the critical strike damage bonus of Arcane Missiles by 25%.
- Glyph of Mana Gem -- Increases the mana recieved from using a mana gem by 40%. (Up from 10%)
- Glyph of Arcane Blast -- Increases the damage from your Arcane Blast buff by 3%. (Down from 5%)
- The duration on all Seals has been increased to 30 minutes and can no longer dispelled.
- Divine Plea: The amount healed by your spells is reduced by 50% (up from 20%) but the effect can no longer be dispelled.
- Sanctified Seals: This talent no longer affects dispel resistance, but continues to affect crit chance.
- Glyph of Holy Light -- Your Holy Light grants 10% of its heal amount to up to 5 friendly targets within 8 yards of the initial target. (Down from 20 yards, Tooltip text fix, was already hotfixed to 8 yards in game)
- Glyph of Seal of Righteousness -- Increases the damage done by Seal of Righteousness by 10%. (Old - Reduces the cost of your Judgement spells by 10% while Seal of Righteousness is active.)
- Inner Fire duration has been increased to 30 minutes and can no longer dispelled.
- Hunger for Blood (Assassination): Now increases damage 5% per stack, (up from 3%.)
- Mind Numbing Poison now reduces cast time by 30%, down from 60%.
- Mutilate damage will now do 20% increased damage against poisoned targets, down from 50%.
- Slice and Dice: This ability now increases melee attack speed by 40%, up from 30%.
- Glyph of Windfury Weapon -- Increases the chance per swing for Windfury Weapon to trigger by 2%. (Down from 5%)
- Curse of Tongues: Now increases the casting time of all spells by 25% (Rank 1) and 30% (Rank 2), down from 50% and 60%.
The Obsidian Sanctum
Changed the color of the fissure in the Obsidian Sanctum to be more visually distinct.
- The "GM wishes to speak with you" alert/button, at the top of the screen, has been changed so that addons do not obscure it.
- A clickable chat message has been added that duplicates the GM alert/button.
- When a GM wishes to speak with you the Help Request minibar button will glow.
- For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros forum .
- Fixed an issue where players using nVidia 3D glasses were unable to see spell cooldowns.
- Fixed a software mouse cursor bug that was causing the mouse curser to disappear from view when over certain UI elements.
- Fixed a player movement error in which other players were appearing to move erratically when traveling beside them.