One big resources that you can use to help keep track of everything is the WoW Insider Guide to Patch 3.1. We're keeping that up-to-date with all the latest posts and patch information we have. It's one gigantic index of 3.1 goodness, complete with gooey Ulduar yum-yums.
The other thing that will help keep all this information in an easy to use place is to take a look after the break where we've got some organization to the posts that was yesterday's chaos. Have a question about the Argent Tournament? Well hey lookie there, we have two posts with lots of information.
More after the break!
Notes, Documents, and Hidden Agendas
The patch notes are the big thing everyone wants, but in addition to the patch notes comes tons of undocumented features. We've got them collected for you here:
- PTR Patch 3.1 Patch Notes
- PTR Patch 3.1 Undocumented Changes
- New pets and mounts found in the patch 3.1 files
- Ghetto Hearthing removed in patch 3.1
- Legendary mace coming in patch 3.1
- Dungeon maps on the patch 3.1 PTR
- New TCG Loot cards announced for Blood of Gladiators expansion
Achievements and the Argent Tournament:
The Argent Tournament news took everyone by surprise, and by the looks of it the tournament is going to be a blast. Mounted combat in WoW is always something I wanted to see, and I can't wait to go shove a javelin in my Shaman friend's gut while riding my Amani War Bear.
Class Changes on the Patch 3.1 PTR
One big important thing to note, and I'm going to bold this because it's so important and I can't say this all day long (are you following me camera guy?): not all the patch 3.1 class changes are in the patch notes, and not all the class changes are on the PTR yet. We'll see everything eventually, but not right away. Blizzard did this so they could get more testing done of the content that's already fully developed – and that's good for everyone in the end.
You can find full analysis of the class changes here:
- WoW Patch 3.1 PTR Death Knight changes
- WoW Patch 3.1 PTR Death Knight glyphs and undocumented changes
- WoW Patch 3.1 PTR Druid changes
- WoW Patch 3.1 PTR Hunter Changes
- WoW Patch 3.1 PTR Paladin changes
- WoW Patch 3.1 PTR Paladin glyphs
- WoW Patch 3.1 PTR Shadow Priest changes
- WoW Patch 3.1 PTR Holy and Disc Priest changes
- WoW Patch 3.1 PTR Rogue changes
- WoW Patch 3.1 PTR Shaman changes
- WoW Patch 3.1 PTR Shaman glyph and undocumented changes
- WoW Patch 3.1 PTR Warlock changes
- WoW Patch 3.1 PTR Warlock glyphs
- WoW Patch 3.1 PTR Warrior changes
- WoW Patch 3.1 PTR: Warrior glyph and undocumented changes
Live from the Patch 3.1 PTR
WoW Insider staff are already hard at work getting the latest on the PTR, and we've got many screenshots and other galleries to show for it. Check 'em out:
Gallery: Tier 8 Armor
Gallery: WoW 3.1 PTR: Equipment Manager
Gallery: WoW 3.1 PTR: LFG
Gallery: WoW 3.1 PTR: Colorblind mode
Gallery: WoW 3.1 PTR: Joining Battlegrounds
We know about many changes coming to professions already, and there will no doubt be many more. Keep an eye out in the coming weeks, since the profession changes usually don't show up until right near the end of the PTR – and they're always the juiciest changes too.
- Dig Rat Stew easier to acquire in patch 3.1
- Undocumented glyph changes in 3.1
- New profession recipes on the patch 3.1 PTR
Dual spec madness!
I really don't know what to say about dual specs that hasn't already been said before. They're great. They are going to change the way the game is played for so many people. The implementation of the dual spec system on the PTR is working great right now; it's smooth, doesn't cost too much, and makes my Priest the happiest Night Elf in all of Darnassus. Screw Elun, Ghostcrawler is her new god.
- Dual specs available at level 40, reagent requirement removed
- Dual specs currently cost 1000g
- Patch 3.1 Dual Spec walkthrough gallery
Patch 3.1 brings us Ulduar, dual specs, significant changes to all the classes, and more! We've got you covered from top to bottom with our Guide to Patch 3.1.