Skip to Content
3-31-2009 @ 9:32PM
simple solution: have 10-mans drop 25 gear... BUT only sometimes. maybe 20% of the time, a higher iLvL 25-man piece of gear would drop, and the other 80%, a weaker 10-man version of the item could drop. the chance could be tweaked, but it should be there. 25-man raids will still have better gear over time, thus providing a reason for people to scrape up the 15 extra players, but those who can't gather as many players but who still want to raid can eventually get access to the same loot, it will just take longer.
4-01-2009 @ 11:03AM
This is a great idea and I wish it would be implemented. This really would work best for trinkets, rings, necklaces, relics, idols, etc. For these items its hard to make a "lower tier" version and that is one of the most significant reasons that 25 man gear is significantly better. A solution like this would make it possible for 10 man raiders to get the 25 man gear (AND make 10 mans more appealing to 25 man raiders).I also think there needs to be some more incentive to run heroics. A tier of heroics like H MgT with all epics from bosses could be a step, also some better gear purchases with EoH would help greatly. Perhaps give 5 and 10 mans the route to accumulate a large number of badges, say 100 for a MH weapon and 50 for an OH weapon - where the weapons are equivalent to 25 man content. This worked well in BC...I don't know why the expensive badge gear for heroic badges was not continued.
First time? A confirmation email will be sent to you after submitting.
Members enter your username and password.
Enter your AOL or AIM screenname and password.
Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments.
When you enter your name and email address, you'll be sent a link to confirm your comment, and a password. To leave another comment, just use that password.
To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address and we will make it a live link for you. You can put up to 3 URLs in your comments. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted — no need to use <p> or <br /> tags.