Addon Spotlight takes a look at the little bits of Lua and XML that make our interfaces special. From bar mods to unit frames and beyond, if it goes in your Addons folder, we'll cover it here.
I find it hard to believe we haven't featured this mod before, so I guess it's about time. Postal is your mailbox's best friend.
- Your To: field now has a contact list, and will auto-complete all your alts automatically, as well as people you've mailed recently.
- Last name mailed is automatically filled in; great for sending multiple messages to the same person (or if you are constantly mailing stuff to your AH alt, like me).
- Shift-click to take items/money from mail, control-click to return mail, alt-click to add something from your inventory to the current mail.
- "Open all" button (you can also choose to just open all AH mail, etc.)
- Checkboxes to selectively open/return multiple messages at once.
- Shows a summary of money gained after "open all" is done.
- Automatically fill in subject fields when sending money or items, if you leave the subject blank.
Some of these, especially "open all," are so essential they should really be default features. This is all configurable, as well, so if you don't like any of Postal's features, you can easily turn them off.
The mailbox becomes a much more pleasant experience once you have Postal installed. It's a convenience on other characters, but on my bank/AH alt, it's pretty much a necessity. Individually clicking to open, then clicking to take the money/items from each of thirty AH mails gets tedious fast. One click instead of sixty? I'll take it.