Summer is upon us -- and with it the promise of plenty of sunshine, occasional bouts of heatstroke, and lots of good reasons to stay indoors where it's cool and air-conditioned. (Anyway, in a couple of weeks we'll be able to enjoy all the fun of the Midsummer Fire Festival from our desks, won't we?) Our sunlight-addled brains have decided to make this week's WRUP more friendly to our friends and allies on Twitter -- sure, a lot of you follow us on @wowinsider, but if you're really into this social networking thing, maybe you'd like to stalk er, follow our writers individually. For your stalking following convenience, everyone's Twitter name is listed alongside their weekend plans. (Save for the clever, clever people who either don't use Twitter or won't confess to using Twitter.)
Onward, dear readers, into the breach! See what the WoW.com staff is up to in game this weekend -- and let us know what you're playing, too!
- Alex Ziebart (@aziebart): Summer crit my raid, so we won't be doing much Ulduar until Monday. I'll probably be playing a lot of Turpen this weekend, unless Mass Effect pulls me in for a second playthrough. That game is incredible, by the way. Everyone should play it at least once. And play it as She-Shepard. He-Shepard sucks.
- Adam Holisky (@adamholisky): Paladin to 80 or else I'm going to throw a Twitter fit and quit the game emo style. /wrists.
- Chase Christian (@madsushi): I have been tanking Ulduar for the first time this week, and so I'll likely be spending all day Saturday & Sunday dying to Mimiron.
- Daniel Whitcomb (@danielwhitcomb): I'll be honest, Sims 3 has its hooks in me. I have a really cute nerd couple going, and they have a baby who's about to turn into a toddler. Dad's a best-selling fantasy fiction novelist too, so I'm hoping to get him over the edge on that as well. I figure 2 or 3 more books written and they might have the cash from royalties to move into a bigger house by the time they're ready for baby #2.
- Eddie Carrington (@brigwyn): I'll be continuing sloshing around in the snow on my quest for obtaining my Wintersaber!
- Eliah Hecht (@eliah): Driving up to Virginia for a wedding; taking advantage of it to meet a guildmate for dinner and a raid.
- Elizabeth Harper (@faience): After a week at E3 and a week of recovering from E3, I'll be remembering what it's like to play video games again. Unless I get distracted by something shiny.
- Jennie Lees (@jennielees): Well, there's nothing left to kill, so a weekend in the sun awaits. Or alt Ulduar runs.
- Lesley Smith (@LesleySmith): Depending upon how my battle with the common cold goes, I could be working, sleeping, wandering Azeroth or curled up on my sofa with feline heaters watching whatever happens to be on Sky or my new House boxset.
- Lisa Poisso (@eMused): Poking around in a beta and re-downloading an old friend.
- Robin Torres (@cosmiclaurel): I will continue leveling my druid through Northrend, in between getting ganked by Alliance. I feel like Hal.
- Matt Low (@mattycus): No rest for the weary. Lots of writing and raiding to do.
- Matthew Rossi: I'm mostly working on my book this week (can I plug my other books here? :) although I'll probably be raiding Ulduar 10 at some point.
- Michael Gray: I guess I should get a Twitter account. That being said, I'm playing poker around a campfire this weekend in Frederick, MD.
- Zach Yonzon (@trymykungfu): Boy, it's a loaded weekend... free practice, time trials, and the big race on Sunday, hoping Sete Gibernau will have a successful and safe comeback to his home track at the Gran Premi Cinzano de Catalunya. Then there's Game 5 of the NBA Finals where Kobe Bryant and the Lakers look to close out a remarkable Orlando Magic. Oh, and I guess I'll probably play some of that Warcraft thing in between.
Filed under: Odds and ends