Skip to Content
6-16-2009 @ 6:52PM
They're buffing hunter's CC? WTF? They have the most/best CC of any single class!Let me think...Freezing Trap, Wyvern Sting, Scatter Shot...and those are just the hard "you can't control your character at all" CCs! That's not even getting into Entrapment, WIng Clip, Concussive Shot, and Fost Trap (and I probably missed a few).The worst thing about a hunter CC is there isn't even a prerequisite. They don't have to cast their CCs like a Mage, they don't require stealth or combo points Rogue, you don't need rage like a Warrior, you just run in a fcking do it! all at a very comfortable range I might add. Plus all these abilities can exist on one hunter! It's not like there's talent point allotment that prevents them from having all these CCs at once.The reason hunter CC "isn't scary" is because 98% of hunters are huntards that barely understand their class. The other 2% I am quite scared of their CC as it feels like I spend 90% of the fight under the effects of one of the CCs listed above. Blizz has really lost touch with the PvP aspect of this game if they're thinking of buffing hunter CC and making them even bigger CC monsters in the arena.
6-16-2009 @ 7:57PM
I disagree a lot. Hunter Crowd Control is FAR from overpowered. Infact to me, its quite the opposite.1) Traps are on a VERY restrictive 30 second cooldown. Whereas a mage can just recast polymorph if the mob resists, we have to wait a full 30 seconds to reapply the trap, which can lead to a wipe in a PvE encounter that requires CC, or a quick death in a PvP situation. It also takes several seconds for these traps to actually arm after being laid down, and laying down a trap with Freezing Arrow makes it obvious to see.2) The decision to share the Black Arrow cooldown with the trap cooldown was just stupid. We're sacrificing CC which we may need for an emergency situation, just to do the same/similar dps that we did before it was implemented.Worse, many of the abilities which you complained were "overpowered" were infact nerfed. Frost Trap was reduced to a 50% slow (same as Hamstring and Wing Clip), yet Crippling Poison still slows for 70% movement speed and can be applied frequently on attack.3) We can't attack in melee range at all, and considering how often we're snared/stunned into melee, we're often sitting ducks to most melee attackers at the moment. I'd say the requirement for crowd control is sorta justified.
6-28-2009 @ 7:51AM
W/ Clbull (#3) & @Lemons: One simple point I need to reiterate... Hunters are one of the only classes that I can think that a MINIMUM ATTACK RANGE. Any decent player, reguardless of class, knows that hunters just plain suck at melee & that we can't use 95% of our skills. Just off the top of my head I can only think of 3 true melee skills (outside of traps, total shared CD bah!) that hunters can use at all.Note: I do know that there are classes that have a MAX RANGE (mainly palys) of SOME sort (druid/sham for phys damage). Please note I'm only talking about skills in melee range.
First time? A confirmation email will be sent to you after submitting.
Members enter your username and password.
Enter your AOL or AIM screenname and password.
Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments.
When you enter your name and email address, you'll be sent a link to confirm your comment, and a password. To leave another comment, just use that password.
To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address and we will make it a live link for you. You can put up to 3 URLs in your comments. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted — no need to use <p> or <br /> tags.