Skip to Content
6-29-2009 @ 1:53PM
I wouldn't say heal meters don't matter, they just need to be read very carefully and be mindful of what they're reading it for. While it is true winning them is absolutly meaningless, but there really is no other way of judging the skill of a healer without some sort of measurement. Otherwize, a raid leader will not know if an entire raid is being held up by one skilled, hard working player, with the other two healers (in the case of 10 man raids) simply getting carried along.This was the issue with our 10 man ulduar raid. Our shaman healer and I (paladin) did a combined total of roughly 90% of effective healing. Our third healer, also a paladin, not only did the remaining 10%, also had the lowest overheal, even lower than our Blood DK and Ret Paladin, meaning this person was truly not putting their best effort. In any case, the officers had a talk with the paladin and, thankfully, did not turn into drama.
First time? A confirmation email will be sent to you after submitting.
Members enter your username and password.
Enter your AOL or AIM screenname and password.
Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments.
When you enter your name and email address, you'll be sent a link to confirm your comment, and a password. To leave another comment, just use that password.
To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address and we will make it a live link for you. You can put up to 3 URLs in your comments. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted — no need to use <p> or <br /> tags.