Another week, another Patch 3.2 PTR build with no access to the new instances yet. I'm sure they'll appear on the PTR when they're ready (™). In the mean time, what tweaks and changes have they made in build 10072?
Well, for one thing, they added in the Crusader's Coliseum versions of the Undying achievements. A Tribute to Immortality requires you to reach the end of the heroic-mode raid with 50 attempts remaining (possibly a placeholder quantity), and without any of the raid members dying during boss encounters. It doesn't say for sure, but I would guess this is calculated in the Ulduar style - if you down boss A without anyone dying one week, boss B the next, etc., you get the achievement.
In lieu of the now semi-traditional
Proto-Drake mount fancy title, those who complete this feat are granted a black or white Crusader's Warhorse (as pictured above-right).
A number of T9 bonuses have been modified, mostly for the better. Various crafting changes have been made as well, mostly raising the requirements for the higher-end recipes. The new engineering improvements are also now in the game.
Moving on to the class changes, and mentioning only the ones that seem important:
- Death Knight
- Blood Plague and Frost Fever have both been buffed from 5.5% of AP + 1.15 to 6.325% of AP + 1.15, a 15% increase.
- Mana cost reduction of shapeshifting moved from Primal Tenacity to King of the Jungle.
- Enrage now generates 20 rage instantly, and an additional 10 rage over 10 seconds.
- Living Bomb can now be used on multiple targets at the same time.
- Mana cost of many frost spells (Ice Barrier, Cone of Cold, Frost Ward, Frostbolt, Ice Armor, Ice Lance, Frost Nova) cut by about 15%.
- Empowered Frostbolt reduces the cast time of Frostbolt by 0.1/0.2 sec instead of increasing its crit chance.
- Permafrost now also reduces the healing received by the target by 20% - a mini-Mortal Strike.
- The amount Ardent Defender heals for when you take fatal damage varies based on your defense. With no +defense gear, you will receive 0 healing; when defense-capped against boss mobs, you will receive 30% of your health (with 3/3 points in the talent). In other news, it is still massively overpowered.
- Devouring Plague's cooldown has been removed, but it can only affect one target at a time.
- Dispersion's cooldown is now 2 minutes, down from 3.
- Improved Mind Blast now also confers that 20% mini-Mortal Strike benefit to Mind Blast.
And finally, listed in the patch notes is that Dodge and Parry have been retuned slightly to make the benefit from one point of Dodge rating the same as the benefit from one point of Parry rating. Agility now also boosts your dodge by less, although they "recalibrated" the amount of dodge players have with 0 ability, so you should see your dodge percentage vary "a small amount."
Look for more in-depth analysis of changes for your class (if there was much to analyze) in upcoming posts!
Patch 3.2 will bring about a new 5, 10, and 25 man instance to WoW, and usher in a new 40-man battleground called the Isle of Conquest. WoW.com will have you covered every step of the way, from extensive PTR coverage through the official live release. Check out WoW.com's Guide to Patch 3.2 for all the latest!