New instances and raids are fun and all, but let's not forget what we're all here for: the loot. With the new patch out on servers, there's a whole slew of new items and gear to win and collect. Here's a quick roundup of everything we know about the new loot coming in patch 3.2, from the badges you pull from dead bosses' bodies, to the sweet epics you can turn them in to get.
Before we even start talking about gear, let's make sure you're aware of the biggest change to endgame loot in this patch: the Emblem changes. Here's how things dropped before patch 3.2.
- Emblems of Heroism dropped from Heroic 5-mans and normal 10-man raids, except Ulduar.
- Emblems of Valor dropped from 25-man content and 10-man Ulduar.
- Emblems of Conquest dropped from 25-man Ulduar and 25-man Emalon in the Vault of Archavon.
- Heroic 5-mans and 10 and 25-man Northrend content (save Ulduar and the new Coliseum instance) will all drop Emblems of Conquest.
- The 10- and 25-man raids (both Heroic and normal versions of each) in the Crusaders' Coliseum will drop Emblems of Triumph.
- And you'll also be able to obtain Emblems of Triumph from the daily dungeon quests, two from the daily Heroic, and one from the daily normal.
- The existing achievements to collect 1, 25, 50, etc. Emblems of Heroism, Valor, and Conquest have been converted to Feats of Strength since Heroism and Valor Emblems are no longer attainable.
Gallery: Patch 3.2 Triumph Gear
Tier 9 is the latest ilevel (item level, an internal number that describes how powerful the gear is that you're wearing) of gear in the game. It's actually available in three flavors from the Crusaders' Coliseum raid instance, one for the regular 10-man version, one shared by the 10-man Heroic and the 25-man normal versions, and one for the 25-man Heroic version.
Additionally, Tier 9 will be the first set of gear to use a universal armor token -- instead of waiting for a headpiece to drop, one token can buy any piece of the set, so you'll be able to choose right away which upgrade you need instead of waiting for a specific piece to drop.
You can find photos and stats of all the available Tier 9 gear below.
Gallery: Blizzard's Tier 9 Preview
Gallery: Tier 9 Collected Sets
Gallery: WoW Tier 9 Gear
Gallery: Tier 9 Horde Plate
Gallery: Tier 9 Mighty Battle
The set bonuses on much of the gear changed over testing on the PTR. Here's an early version, and here's the latest stats we've seen.
And as you may have noticed, the Tier 9 set names are all from significant lore figures in Azeroth's history. Here's a collection of all the Tier 9 set names and where they're from.
Argent Tournament rewards
The Argent Tournament is now at full speed, and there are a number of new rewards to obtain from fighting in the jousting rings.
- Silver Covenant and Sunreaver tabards for players exalted with those factions.
- Ground and flying mounts for those factions as well.
- A Shimmering Wyrmling noncombat pet.
- Players with the Crusader title will get a new banner, and a tabard that will port you to the Argent Tournament.
- Players who complete the "Undying"-style achievements for the new dungeons will get a Crusader's Warhorse. This is as close as we'll ever get to getting that pony Ghostcrawler promised us.
- And the Tournament will now offer mounted squires to those players who've reached the Crusader title. It's not cheap -- 150 Champion's Seals -- but it will be summonable for three minutes every eight hours, and while summoned, offer up the services of a mailbox, a bank, or a vendor.
The Heroic mode instances will have a new "Tribute run," in which the instance counts the number of attempts on the instance. Clear the place out with fewer attempts, and you'll gain an extra tribute of loot.
Finally, there will be a slew of new heirloom items added to the game. Chest pieces were announced early on, and we've been told that they will stack with the other 10% bonus XP buffs from the rest of the set.
The Mass of McGowan and Finkle's Lava Dredger are the two newest old school items to be brought back as heirloom weapons. Below you can find a gallery of all the new heirloom items arriving in patch 3.2.
Gallery: Patch 3.2 Heirlooms
As you can see, there's lot of great new loot to earn and collect in the latest patch. Go get it!
| WoW's Patch 3.2 ushers in the Crusaders' Coliseum, the Isle of Conquest, flying mounts at 60, and much more. WoW.com has all the patch information your Worgen obsessed mind can handle in WoW.com's Guide to Patch 3.2!