You've read that right, there is a new patch that is dropping today, and right now. Patch 3.2.0a. This patch is a small one, yet important one that is fixing a variety of client issues that have been present since Patch 3.2. This is the first time in quite a while that a patch has not dropped on a Tuesday, and that one has come without any prior notice.
Of particular note with this patch is fixing of the "dump macros" that were being used by numerous rogues. Ghostcrawler hinted earlier in the day that there would be a fix for this soon, but it's surprising to see it solved so quickly.
There are also some graphic fixes in the game that many people should be pleased about. In particular for Mac users.
The full announcement, including patch notes, after the break.
The full patch notes and statement reads:
We'll be releasing a minor bug fix patch to version 3.2.0a. This sort of patch is very small in size, and we use them to fix specific issues that can't be hot-fixed. Issues addressed with this patch:
- Fixed an exploit players were using with / commands
- Fixed a performance issue with players logging into the game
- Fixed an issue with Mac clients freezing near water
- Fixed a crash Mac clients were experiencing with shadows on Fixed Function cards
- Fixed an art issue with Freya Hard Mode where the light beams were visually too hard to see
- Fixed an issue with Loaner mounts requiring Cold Weather Flying