Now, I ain't saying that a few of us might be cheating a little on WoW. Nope. I'm not saying that at all. Hank Williams Senior might be saying that, but certainly not me. I'm not saying anything.
But what Hank Williams Senior pointed out is that it seems like everyone on your intrepid WoW.com staff is doing something a little different this weekend. If they're not checking out the newly freemium DDO Unlimited, then they're levelling an alt, doing some PvP on a vile disgusting Belf, or otherwise going a little outside the lines of their accustomed relationships. Mostly, it's DDO though.
Take a moment, check out what the staff is up to this weekend. Don't forget to leave a comment at the end, so that we know what you are playing.
- Adam Holisky: (@adamholisky) -
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
I'm going to level my Lock.
- Alex Ziebart: (@aziebart) - Continuing to gear up my Paladin for Retribution raiding. When I'm not doing that... well, either more work or Champions Online. Yes, that's right. I'm cheating on WoW. Wanna make something of it?
- Allison Robert: Working on Loremaster of Kalimdor and 3000 Quests Completed -- should get both this weekend. Afterwards, moving on to Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms.
- Amanda Miller - I am on vacation, sort of. I pulled a toon out of my guild for a little bit of personal time and less aggrivation. The effect has been devastation. I'm going to relax and play a lowbie warlock and forget
about drama and responsibility til Monday.
- C. Christian Moore: Probably leveling my mage a good bit.
- Chase Christian: (@madsushi) - Working on some more Ulduar hard-modes, we got Obituary for the second time for some of our new guys, going to try Freya with some adds up!
- Christian Belt: I'm about a decade behind the times, and only recently got myself an Xbox 360, and this weekend...I'll be finishing Portal for the first time. I'm pretty close to the end, I think, and the female robot voice is getting more and more scary and hilarious as I go on. Also, I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, there isn't going to be any cake waiting for me at the end of this.
- Dan O'Halloran: DDO Unlimited for me this weekend. No Druid class but Monk and Barbarian are great fun.
- Daniel Whitcomb: (@danielwhitcomb) - Now that my Druid is nearly 80, I need to start getting him geared up so he can heal heroics. I've got revered Kalu'ak, so that at least gives me some decent weapons and a chest piece. Next step is to look up back issues of Shifting Perspectives so I can make a plan of attack for the rest of my gearing up. Also, I was in a ToTC 10-man group this week in which we killed the Eredar dude but wiped to the Horde, so I'm finding myself motivated to get my Death Knight's gear fine tuned for that encounter.
- Dominic Hobbs: 3 nights of raiding. Gonna try and get further with Northrend Beasts (25H). Might also try "I Love the Smell of Saronite in the Morning (25 player)" and "Three Lights in the Darkness (25 player)".
Outside of raiding I'm plugging away at Loremaster and exalted with the Wintersaber guys.
- Eddie Carrington: (@Brigwyn) - A lot is going on this weekend. I jumped servers to join up with some Twitterbuddies. So it'll be a lot of fun times there.
It's also family weekend. So, I'll be introducing my neice and nephew to the wonders of WoW. (Quick shout out to Katherine and Graham!)
- Gregg Reece: Shakespeare in the park, helping a friend move, a birthday party, and tanking ToC 10.
- Lisa Poisso: (@eMused) - I'm craving time on the couch with my book (R. Scott Bakker's Prince of Nothing series) ... But I suspect I'll be topping off my skills to 300 and throttling my XP and levels to match everyone else's, as our all-stealthers group prepares to hit Burning Crusade content some time next week.
- Matt Low (@mattycus) - Working on establishing more healers. I've begun the slow conversion from Shaman Elemental gear to Resto (not much there to do really) and Ret Paladin gear to Holy gear. It's going to be an interesting experience going from Priest to Resto to Holy. I'm really bad at maintaining earth shield and Beacon of Light/Sacred Shield. This is going to be an interesting mindset change. My eventual goal is to see if I can heal the same encounters on my Shaman and Paladin as I do on my Priest. I want to see what feels "easier". I want to see if I can do the same things with different classes and different gear levels. I might publish my results later in a Raid Rx. But it's going to take some time.
Oh yeah, I do have a Druid. But shes 65. That's a whole new ballgame. I can't level Feral for crap :(.
- Matthew Rossi (@matthewwrossi) - I'm going Horde for the weekend. Not sure what I'll do... most of my old Horde friends seem, to have stopped playing, but if I have to I can PuG TotC until my eyes bleed.
Also, I downloaded DDO, so I'll be playing that in-between spates of Horditude.
- Michael Gray (@writegray) - I'll be kicking it old school with a yard sale tomorrow, hoping to get rid of a bunch of old geek stuff, D&D stuff, geek movies, and even, um, "Real Magick" kind of books. (I was a dork, okay?) After that, it's Belf time as I try and compete in the hot, new season.
- Robin Torres: (@cosmiclaurel) - Itchee the Gnome Warlock is in Duskwood, so The Spawn and I will be fighting undead nasties. Also, there will be much leveling in battlegrounds on Freja the Drood with a wee bit of questing thrown in.