Skip to Content
10-29-2009 @ 3:51PM
I don't disagree that Blizzard erred (Again!) by letting avoidance stats get out of hand (Again!) in Northrend. I don't see how this affects bears more than other tanks, though.I happen to have a druid tank and a paladin tank. Their gear is almost identical in terms of average iLevel. Unbuffed, the paladin has 25% dodge and 19% parry chances on his paperdoll, totaling 44%, plus 15% block chance and 1050 block value. The druid has 42% dodge and 42% crit; with 5900 attack power that means Savage Defense will block for 1475. With "Icewell Radiance," the paladin will have 5% dodge and 19% parry, totaling 24%. The druid will have 22%. The block/crit/Savage Defense figures won't change.The only advantage I see my paladin having over my druid is that the former will be able to stack both dodge and parry to make up for the 20% loss, while the latter can only stack dodge; I haven't run the numbers but I wouldn't be surprised, though, if the more-severe diminishing returns on parry more or less neutralizes that option quickly, anyway.On the other hand, since there is no Northrend tanking leather gear, almost all of the druid's dodge comes from agility (which scales from buffs like Blessing of Kings and Mark of the Wild) as opposed to "Equip: Improves dodge rating by xx" (which doesn't scale). Thus, I wouldn't be surprised if--all else being equal--bears have the *most* avoidance in Icecrown Citadel.
First time? A confirmation email will be sent to you after submitting.
Members enter your username and password.
Enter your AOL or AIM screenname and password.
Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments.
When you enter your name and email address, you'll be sent a link to confirm your comment, and a password. To leave another comment, just use that password.
To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address and we will make it a live link for you. You can put up to 3 URLs in your comments. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted — no need to use <p> or <br /> tags.