Skip to Content
11-06-2009 @ 12:30PM
@staffan: yep, exactly! This massive overhaul of Azeroth is as good as saying it as "WoW2" that there is no more point keeping WoW vanilla and TBC separated (and the zones as well).I hope that's the path that they have chosen. They can keep WotLK separate, at least from the business perspective they can still get money out of it. But still, a "massive overhaul" will not convince some < Catac player to buy Catac? I doubt that. Not to mention, whether < Catac accounts buy Catac or not, they will still get the Cataclysm-Azeroth.I really wonder how much of the original WoW vanilla installer are not needed anymore. Probably up to 80% are trash already. They can add the remaining 20% that are still required as part of Catac or as part of Patch 4.0. Then release as you suggested, a combined installer - at least Patch 4.0 and start from there.If they want, they can still sell it for price of WoW vanilla + TBC (LOL).Oh well... I hope I won't ever come to the point wherein I have to reinstall WoW from vanilla to Cataclysm...
First time? A confirmation email will be sent to you after submitting.
Members enter your username and password.
Enter your AOL or AIM screenname and password.
Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments.
When you enter your name and email address, you'll be sent a link to confirm your comment, and a password. To leave another comment, just use that password.
To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address and we will make it a live link for you. You can put up to 3 URLs in your comments. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted — no need to use <p> or <br /> tags.