Two Bosses Enter ... but only One Boss Leaves, in WoW.com's series of fantasy death matches. This season's bosses come from the five-man instances of Wrath of the Lich King.
We've let reader votes seed the battles for the next bracket of Two Bosses Enter, One Boss Leaves, which leads straight away to this epic pairing: Keristrasza (The Nexus) versus Ley-Guardian Eregos (The Oculus). To get these two into the Two Bosses Thunderdome, we're going to stage a jailbreak. The two dragons will meet in the swirling skies above The Nexus. We'll remove the drake-riding mechanic from the encounter - there's enough draconic blood here already, don't you think?
The ground (err, air?) rules:
- Assume that the opponents along with their minions share similar levels, health pools and comparative overall damage output.
- This deathmatch takes place in skies above The Nexus, (or a Thunderdome facsimile thereof). This shall in no way hinder either opponent from using his or her usual resources.
- All the usual minions will be available to each boss.
- There will be no drake-riding mechanic involved.
- Don't get caught up in gameplay mechanics and what actual players might do in each encounter.
- Don't neglect style, story and scale.
Keristrasza (The Nexus)
Finish it! Finish it! Kill me, or I swear by the Dragonqueen you'll never see daylight again!
Keristrasza, a servant of Alexstrasza's flight, plotted to distract Malygos from his efforts in the Nexus War by offing his consort, Saragosa, and facing him down with a fleet of red dragons. While the plan did serve to divert his attention, Malygos imprisoned Keristrasza within The Nexus. She's currently held there, and players must kill her in order to preserve her ultimate freedom. We'll set this battle, however, in the skies above the Nexus, where Keristrasza will be free to move and fly as needed.
- Crystal Chains (restricting her opponent's movement in the air)
- Crystalfire Breath
- Intense Cold
- Tail Sweep
Ley-Guardian Eregos (The Oculus)
Simpletons! You cannot comprehend the forces you have set in motion. The ley line conduit will not be disrupted! Your defeat shall be absolute!
Ley-Guardian Eregos, the great Blue Dragon boss, flies at the pinnacle of The Oculus. Players normally battle him astride drake mounts with various abilities; here, Eregos and Keristrasza will meet in the air, without the drake mechanic.
- Arcane Barrage
- Arcane Volley
- Enraged Assault
- Planar Anomalies
- Planar Shift
- Whelps Two to three spawn at a time; heavy DPS can push Eregos into a Planar Shift before he has a chance to summon
Remember: no game-mechanic nitpicking. Set aside differences in opponents' health pools, game level and actual damage output. Vote for the spirit of the battle as set forth above, considering each opponent's abilities -- plus the style, scale and story he or she brings to the table.
Let's hear your theory on how things will go down up there. Can you come up with a convincing scenario in the comments that will sway other readers to vote for your victor of choice?
|Keristrasza wins (Ley-Guardian Eregos dies)||959 (43.8%)|
|Ley-Guardian Eregos wins (Keristrasza dies)||1118 (51.1%)|
|Tie (something else happens)||112 (5.1%)|