Another long, tedious work-week has come and gone, leaving us two blissful, uninterrupted days to catch up on our WoW-playing. So... Torchlight? Dragon Age? Since I know we're all serious WoW junkies, these must be new zones I haven't heard of. Perhaps something on the PTR? I clearly need figure this out, as some of our writers sound really quite excited about these things. But while I work on that, why don't you read on for all of the juicy details of what the WoW.com team is up to this weekend. And if this isn't enough detail on the day-to-day existence of the WoW.com staff, you can always
- Alex Ziebart (@aziebart): We're trying to cap off Firefighter after a soul-crushing 1% wipe the other night, which will put us one step away from finally seeing Algalon. Grand Crusader Anub'arak and Algalon are the only bosses we haven't beaten in Wrath so far, so that's pretty exciting. Outside of WoW, I'm going to try getting a post or three up on my personal blog. I've been neglecting it.
- Allison Robert: Moar PvP, and with luck, getting past 1K+ resilience.
- C. Christian Moore (@TheArenaGuy): Going to do some BGs to gear up for #1. Just found a few people on my server who want it really badly and who aren't too shabby, so probably going to make a run playing rmpls in 5v5 and something with a hunter in 3v3. End of the season is probably growing close, always a great time for arena players. In real life, probably just going to work on some school work and spend time with the wife. Pretty boring weekend compared to going to the world series last week. :P
- Chase Christian (@madsushi): I'm with Alex, we cleared to Mimiron on Thursday and so Saturday is going to be Firefighter-or-bust for us, with the hopes of defeating Algalon before Icecrown is released.
- Christian Belt (@Ihatewarlocks): I'm working, but when I'm not working, I'll be playing Persona 3, because I'm about two years behind on my ever-deepening pile of unbeaten games.
- Dan O'Halloran: Currently sucked into playing the Diablo-clone Torchlight, but will sneak in some LotRO time as well my usual Friday night WoW Heroic Daily run. Desperately trying to not buy Dragon Age.
- Daniel Whitcomb (@danielwhitcomb): Dragon Age has me firmly in its talons. I'm playing a Dwarf Commoner Female Rogue and having a blast. Plus I have a doggy, which is awesome. I may try to peel myself away to check the Heroic daily at the least though. I still need Oculus to get the achievement, and I'd like it before it becomes a Feat of Strength in Patch 3.3.
- Dominic Hobbs (@DMZduffry): Three raids this weekend, looking to bag more progress kills. Also getting into Dead Space despite the horrific porting to PC.
- Eddie Carrington (@Brigwyn): I will be putting on my volunteer uniform and work on getting the word out for Azeroth United's Hearts, Hands and Voices for Child's Play. During my down time, it'll be back on my main to grind out more XP. I was thinking of trying some battlegrounds. But, who am I kidding! With only 13 honorable kills to my name, I'd end up 1 dead dwarf. It's probably best stick with quest grinding.
- Eliah Hecht (@eliah): Full-time Torchlight.
- Gregg Reece: Archery practice on Saturday morning. Otherwise, I'm just going to play things by ear and see where they go.
- Lisa Poisso (@eMused): Playing my level ?? tribrid-specced momadin to support a low-level human who's leveling her music spec: Two days' worth of Fed-Ex quests, interspersed with high-DPS encounters against elite Judge bosses, who can't be pulled without bringing huge packs of un-CC-able Arena Spectators. Leads to the [Tickle the Ivories] and [Looking Sharp!] achievements. Long quest chain, lots of time on the mount. Conjuring Mana Strudel now...
- Matt Low (@mattycus): I won't be doing much healing or WoWing this weekend. Rolled a Hunter on Borderlands. Reminds me of my old competitive counterstrike days when I was terrible with the AWP. Same feeling though without the losing consequences at least! At least I know I can still hit the broad side of a barn. Also grabbed Dragon Age. Haven't set it up yet. Can't decide between Dwarf Commoner or Dwarf Noble. Probably the latter!
- Matthew Rossi (@MatthewWRossi): This week we mopped up various Achievements in Ulduar for drakes (almost there) and then I tanked Firefighter for the first time. Over the weekend I expect to be battling this stubborn fever boss. I also have a male and female character for every class and race combination in Dragon Age, which may be why I haven't gotten very far in the game yet.
- Michael Gray (@writegray): I'll be rocking out the FaerieCon vibe in Hunt Valley, MD.
- Robin Torres (@cosmiclaurel): I'll do my dailies like a good druid and I'll also waste some time on Cafe World, but mostly I'll be spending any "leisure" time on my NaNoWriMo project, Tragedy in Texas. So far, my writing has been completely tragic, so the meta name for the project should be Tragedy in California. /humbled
- Zach Yonzon (@battlemasters): Getting a race change for my Death Knight, finally, and maybe spending some time with it since he won't look suave and metrosexual anymore.
Filed under: Odds and ends