So, Zarhym has more or less confirmed that we aren't getting Patch 3.3 today (unless he's lying, in which case I'm going to look like a fool when you read this), which means the biggest story of the week is probably that whole thing with the Pilgrims and stuff. Of course, it's over now, and if you're like me, you had to comfort yourself with a plain old real turkey and stuffing and spending time with family instead of a new title, which I think is a pretty fair trade. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm not a little bit bummed that I broke my personal holiday completion streak, but hey, at least I still have my drake, right?
Anyway, Thanksgiving aside, there's still plenty of other news to be had from around the WoW-o-sphere. As of this writing, there's still no word on a downtime, but chances are it's coming, and even if not, hey, Tuesday's as good a time as any to catch up on the latest news, right? If anything, you're probably still taking it slow at work while you finish recovering from all that turkey. Here's our usual roundup of the past 7 days or so:
Hot News and Features
- It's Pandaren supremacy week as Blizzard unveils a Brewmaster figurine, and our very own Turpster has video of one!
- This week on Ask A Faction Leader, Fandral Staghelm takes your questions in true Staghelmian fashion.
- The saga of the Tauren rogue continues in our new weekly comic.
- Could we be seeing some potential long overdue PC model upgrades in Cataclysm?
- Blizzard's rolled out a WoW Anniversary minisite.
- Figure Pets has another set of WoW vanity pet miniatures out. And yes, that one really does look sort of like Spyro if you squint.
- Shifting Perspectives still wants to kill Effective Health.
- Encrypted Text looks at the latest roguely news from the Patch 3.3 PTR.
- The Care and Feeding of Warriors is giving thanks.
- Totem Talk isn't interested in your silly gear lists.
- Arcane Brilliance finishes off the Mage leveling guides.
- Cory Stockton breaks down instance building.
- The Overachiever tackles The Keymaster achievement.
- Know Your Lore breaks down the history of Quel'Delar, the new elven blade from Patch 3.3.
- Blood Sport isn't taking any excuses from any arena playing scrubs, and has some tips on improving your play.
- Our newbie battleground guides continue. Here's a guide to Eye of the Storm.
- WoW Rookie demystifies Recruit-A-Friend.
- The Perky Pug has new animations.
- Officers' Quarters takes another look at Casual Raiding.
- The flag of Gilneas has been revealed. Incidentally, Black was their default national color all the way back in Warcraft II, so that's a pretty sweet piece of continuity.
- Remember: Though you die, The Resistance lives on!
- See how Blizzard celebrates WoW's 5th anniversary.
- Some unsubscribed accounts got 7 free days in celebration of WoW's anniversary.
- The Guild's season 3 finale is up! Now we await season 4.