The Elwynn Extravaganza is today! It came from the Blog will be meeting at Orgrimmar and running to Elwynn Forest for the festivities. Here is the basic info:
- When: Saturday, December 12th, 5pm EST (2pm PST, 3pm Server)
- Where: Meet in front of Orgrimmar on Zangarmarsh (U.S.)
- Who: Any level Horde character
- How: Just send a tell to Robinator or any It came from the Blog Lurker for a guild invite.
More details are after the break.
There will be three parts to the event:
- The run to Elwynn: We will be running from Orgrimmar to Elwynn using a path I plotted out for maximum lowbie protection -- also, photo opportunities.
- Hogger Fist Fight: This is not a level 1 Hogger raid. That's so 2007 (ok that link does not go to a level 1 Hogger raid either, but you know what I mean). All levels are invited to this event, but we will be removing our weapons, and not using spells, so we can punch Hogger and his buddies.
- Darkmoon Faire fun: We'll buy frog pets, shoot ourselves out of cannons and even turn in stuff if we've been collecting it.
- We will not be forming an actual raid group. Guildchat is raid chat. I AKA Robinator will be speaking in all caps as Raid Leader. Anyone else speaking in all caps will be gkicked after a warning, because I'm mean like that.
- There will not be summons. Summons are for sissies. Research shows that the run is often the most fun part of the event, anyway. If you don't want to make the run, you can get to Elwynn ahead of time and meet us there. Or you can just join in on the event in guildchat while you do your own thing.
- Zangarmarsh is a PvE server. This means that unless you flag yourself, the local players cannot attack you. The local guards can and will attack on sight, however, so be careful because the graveyard run is painful -- as many of you Human players already know. This is not a PvP event, but we will be holding more Battleground Bonanzas for those of you who are PvP inclined.
- Please log on and get to Orgrimmar early. Lateniks will miss out on the initial screenshots and will probably be left behind.