Let It Snow
This is a mercifully kinder achievement than others of its ilk in What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been -- most of the combinations here are fairly common. You'll still have to hunt some of them down, of course, but none of them approach the absurdity of having to find a Dwarf rogue for Pilgrim's Bounty.
Handful of Snowflakes are random rewards from /kissing Winter Revelers in inns. You'll need to keep at this long enough to get the 10 handfuls you'll need, and then hunt down the race/class combinations.
Bros. Before Ho Ho Ho's (Alliance) and Bros. Before Ho Ho Ho's (Horde)
You'll need to track down a set of NPC's for this achievement, and while it looks like the Alliance has a lot more legwork to do, in reality most of their "brothers" are in Stormwind. Track 'em all down, use the Mistletoe you'll get as a random gift from /kissing Winter Revelers, and you're in business.
- Brother Nimetz: The Rebel Camp in Stranglethorn Vale.
- Brother Anton: Nijel's Point in Desolace.
- Brother Karman: At 67,47 in Theramore.
- Brother Wilhelm: At 41,66 in Goldshire.
- All of the other brothers can be located in the Stormwind Cathedral or directly outside of it (Brother Kristof, the sole Brother outside, is at 55,54 in Crusader's Square).
- Brother Malach: Located at 55,22 in Undercity's War Quarter.
- Durkot Wolfbrother: Located at 40,55 in Warsong Hold (near the stables housing the wolves).
- Brother Keltan: Located aboard the Horde gunship, Orgrim's Hammer, that patrols the northeastern portion of Icecrown.
All those Cooking skills you acquired during Pilgrim's Bounty are going to come in handy here, because you'll need to cook up three holiday recipes. The Gingerbread Cookie, Egg Nog, and Hot Apple Cider recipes are all sold by Winter Veil NPC's in major cities, although -- curiously enough -- the Hot Apple Cider recipe only seems to be sold their Ironforge and Orgrimmar counterparts. I also recall my main getting mailed the Cider recipe instead of having to buy it, so you may not necessarily have to drop the money on it. As a shopping list for all three recipes, plan on buying or getting:
- 1 Ice Cold Milk: Sold by innkeepers just about everywhere.
- 2 Holiday Spirits: Sold by Winter's Veil NPC's.
- 1 Sparkling Apple Cider: Sold by Winter's Veil NPC's.
- 3 Holiday Spices: Sold by Winter's Veil NPC's.
- 2 Small Egg: Dropped most commonly (and conveniently) by Eversong dragonhawk mobs for Horde and moonkin mobs east of Auberdine for Alliance.
He Knows If You've Been Naughty
Opening one of the presents beneath the Ironforge or Orgrimmar tree is quite simple -- you'll just need to wait on the presents to start spawning (which will start happening on December 25th and continue until the end of the holiday), and right-click on one to open it. They don't respawn immediately, but they will after a few minutes, if I recall correctly.
As an aside, both the Clockwork Rocket Bot from 2007 and the Crashin' Thrashin' Racer from 2008 went on to become Feats of Strength, so if there's a new toy or noncombat pet offered through the gifts this year, hang onto it.
A Frosty Shake
This achievement sounds pretty straightforward, but you'll actually need to line up three things for it: a). The Winter Veil Disguise Ki: b). A Snowball, and: c). Another willing Snowman in Dalaran.
The disguise kit is easy to get -- it's an unannounced reward from completing the aforementioned questline needed for Simply Abominable, so if you've done that achievement, you can expect to receive the disguise kit in the mail within the next 24 hours. Snowballs, as previously stated, can be purchased from holiday NPC's or dropped from Hyldnir Spoils. Finding snowmen in Dalaran will be easy during the first few days of the holiday, but the number will start dwindling as time goes on, so you're probably better off doing this achievement sooner rather than later. That said, there were a number of generous souls on my server who simply parked themselves on the bank steps as a snowman and /danced the night away to enable others to get their achievement, and -- as with the people who rolled rogues of underplayed races and got them summoned to Dalaran for Pilgrim's Bounty -- I wish nothing but the happiest of fortunes upon them this holiday season.