No, I'm serious. They finally got the LFG tool right, and they got it right in the most epic manner possible. It's easy to use. It gets you groups anywhere from instantly to 15 minutes most of the day, depending on your role. Almost everyone loves it. Even if nothing else was included in this patch, I honestly think it would be worth it. So far, Patch 3.3 is shaping up to make up for the somewhat lackluster performance of Patch 3.2 in spades. I'll be eager to see how the lore and endgame progress as the ICC unlocks (Under a month left until the next wing!).
Of course, it's not like the dungeon finder is the only amazing thing about the patch either. There's also the bear rockets. And I guess those new dungeons and raids are alright too.
In addition, Winter Veil is here. If you still need the Merrymaker title, we have a Winter Veil guide for your approval.
Above that though, I think the main attraction for most of us is running our behinds off through the random dungeons, which is all well and good, but really, don't you need a break? How about taking some time off to catch up on the latest WoW news? You'll need to anyway, since the servers will be down from 3 AM to 11 AM Pacific. As usual, we have a good list of it for you after the break.
Hot News and Features
- Check out the official trailer for Patch 3.3: Fall of the Lich King.
- Patch 3.3 is not without its issues, of course. Here's some of the latest known issues with the patch, as well as some recent hotfixes for both December 9th and December 14th.
- Core Hound Pups are now in game, and if you've got an authenticator, you got one in the mail.
- The Story So Far: Read up on the history and backstory of some of the major places and players coming into play in the lore of Patch 3.3.
- High Shaman Rakjak answers your questions about Wolvar virility, what's in that disgusting jar, and whether or not he is a good puppy.
- In addition to the guide linked above, we have a few more tips for dungeon finding for you.
- Still looking for a gift for the geek in your life? We have our own WoW-themed gift guide to help you out.
- Sorry assassination rogues, unholy death knights, and affliction warlocks: you got some pretty quick damage nerf hotfixes in the days after the patch went live.
- Lichborne rounds up what a death knight needs to know about Patch 3.3.
- Encrypted Text has some rogue gear recommendations for Patch 3.3.
- Totem Talk is also delving into Patch 3.3 issues for shamans.
- Just in time for the dungeon finder, Arcane Brilliance has advice on how to be a good PuG mage.
- Shifting Perspectives looks at druid strategies for taking on Lord Marrowgar.
- Hunters aren't completely satisfied with their new ammo. If you're confused about that whole thing, Insider Trader recently discussed the ins and outs of said new crafted ammo.
- Confused about gates and attunements and keys in Patch 3.3? We'll give you the rundown on what you need to know.
- We also have an in depth guide to getting through the 3 new Patch 3.3 5-man dungeons.
- Can't find the new 5 mans? Here's a video that'll help you find the way.
- Need help figuring out the new raid browser feature? We have a guide for that.
- Get a head start on strategizing for the Icecrown Citadel bosses with our roundup of raid information and resources.
- Raid Rx has some tips for healing Lord Marrowgar, one of the new raid bosses.
- Good news, legendary hunters: It looks like Shadowfrost Shards won't be too insanely difficult to get.
- We have a message for the trolls: One, you're going to destroy our community, and two, you do not have freedom of speech.
- Check out the latest escapades of Byron the Tauren Rogue.
- It Came From The Blog recently had our first Battleground Bonanza. Check out the aftermath!
- Take a look at WoW by the numbers.
- Sister site Joystiq recently got a chance to talk to Blizzard's Frank Pearce about Warcraft's anniversary and its future.
- The WoW armory is getting some cool new bells and whistles.
- Seriously woman. Get on my horse.