Blizzard has released another round of in-game fixes, this time late last night. The changes are not as epic (or controversial) as the increase in the Battered Hilt drop rate, but they're still important to note nonetheless.
The changes to Ionar and Tharon'Ja in particular will make killing these bosses much less awkward in today's pugs. Back when Wrath was released DPS overall was much lower -- you'd be happy if you saw a DPS do 1500 on a boss fight. Because most people are so far beyond that, you spend more time running around doing nothing than actually fighting with an encounter like Ionar. Pretty nice changes for those of us chaining a few heroics every day.
The list of this round of changes include:
- Ionar, in the Halls of Lightning, will now only disperse once during the course of the fight.
- Prophet Tharon'Ja of Drak'Tharon will now only steal your flesh one time during the encounter.
- Players with the quest "Wrath of the Lich King" will now properly receive quest credit.
- Muradin and Saurfang will no longer gain stacks of Battlefury from totems. Additionally, the duration of Battlefury has also been reduced.
- Lord Marrowgar is now tauntable.
- The Looking For Group item level requirement for Halls of Reflection has been raised to match the difficulty of the encounters.
- Deathbringer Saurfang's Rune of Blood has been modified to heal 10 times the amount of damage dealt instead of 5 times the damage. This will make the encounter more difficult if you try to tank Saurfang with just one character. The tooltip does not reflect this change, but it will in a future patch.
Previously recent hot fixes:
- Quel'Delar in now unique equip.
- Naxxramas can now be cleared in any order for the Immortal and Undying achievements.
- The drop rate for the Battered Hilt has been increased.
- The Skeletal Slave in the Pit of Saron has had the ability to drop the Battered Hilt and other random drop epics removed.
- Onyxia has settled down and is once again killable and flying in the proper areas during phase 2.
- Icetouched Earthragers casting Avalanche now deals appropriate damage.
- The quest "Keeping the Enemy at Bay" is now completable.
- Totems are no longer targeted by chain effects as intended.
- The Death Knight chest piece, Scourgelord Chestguard, has been updated to reflect appropriate tanking statistics.
- Emblem of Triumph quartermasters now allows players to pay one Emblem of Triumph to purchase one Emblem of Conquest.
- The NPC Usuri Brightcoin in Dalaran now allows players to pay one Emblem of Frost to purchase one Emblem of Triumph.
- Bosses no longer respawn in the new Frozen Halls 5 player dungeon after being defeated.
- Scourgelord Tyrannus now heals to full when the encounter begins.
- The chance for epic items to drop off trash mobs in the Icecrown Citadel raid dungeons has been reduced.
- The chance for epic items to drop off trash mobs in the Frozen Halls 5 player dungeons has been reduced.
- Running up the ramp at the end of the 3rd encounter in Halls of Reflection will no longer disconnect players. http://f
orums.worldofwarcraft .com/thread.html?topi cId=21723843673&s id=1
- Trading soulbound items will no longer make them appear as lost. http://f
orums.worldofwarcraft .com/thread.html?topi cId=21723842445&s id=1
- Improved Counterspell now triggers Burning Determination as intended.
- The Call to Arms: Warsong Gulch daily quest is now properly offered to players of all levels.
- The quest "No Mercy for the Merciless" can now be completed as intended.
- Onyxia will now move at a normal speed when performing a Deep Breath.
- Onyxia has been cut off from the magic that sustained her invulnerable state.
- Players will no longer die while zoning into Icecrown citadel as the Gunship event resets.
- The Battered Hilt will show it's appropriate faction-racial restrictions. <
- Hunters, Rogues, and Shaman will once again be able to roll need on off-hand weapons when the need before greed looting system is active.
- Earthen Power now properly removes snare effects.
- Hunger for Blood now increases a rogue's damage by 10% down from 15%.
- The Ephemeral Snowflake trinket now has a very short cooldown to prevent it from restoring inappropriately large amounts of mana.
- The Shadow damage from Scourge Strike will no longer be able to critically strike. The physical component will continue to be able to critically strike.
- You are now able to recast Mind Flay after missing with the spell without receiving a "This spell is not ready yet" message.
- In Ulduar, the Salvaged Demolisher's Hurl Boulder ability will now properly ignite tar.
- Vault of Archavon bosses are again able to be hit by area of effect abilities.
- Chains of Ice is no longer limited to a single target. In addition, when Chains of Ice is used on a snare immune target with Endless Winter talented, it will once again apply Frost Fever.
- Druids will now be able to shapeshift out of a spell-reflected Entangling Roots spell.
- The trinket Ephemeral Snowflake will now be triggered by all healing spells.
- The players' Gunship will now appropriately dock after achieving victory.
- Lord Marrowgar will now do significantly less melee damage in both the 10 player normal and 10 player heroic difficulty.
- Everlasting Affliction can now refresh the duration of Corruption on a target when the Warlock casts Shadow Bolt. This talent also refreshes the duration of Corruption with Drain Life and Haunt.
Patch 3.3 is the last major patch of Wrath of the Lich King. With the new Icecrown Citadel 5-man dungeons and 10/25-man raid arriving soon, patch 3.3 will deal the final blow to Arthas. WoW.com's Guide to Patch 3.3 will keep you updated with all the latest patch news.