The dungeon finder tool that rolled out in Patch 3.3 has been a game-changer for most -- if not all! -- of us. Instead of waiting around to find the dungeon group you need, an ample supply of players eager to run the instance you need is only a few clicks away. With this new-found freedom to run any dungeon any time, a lot of the WoW.com team is out running dungeons all the time: gearing up, collecting gold, leveling alts, collecting tier 9, stocking up on emblems... Well, safe to say that no one's quite sure how they lived without it. And looking forward to another weekend of chain-running dungeons, I don't think anyone wants to find out, either.
For more of our exploits -- and yours -- in game this weekend, read on!
- Adam Holisky (@adamholisky): This weekend I'll be online treking amongst the stars.
- Alex Ziebart (@aziebart): Another hour on Algalon, and even more heroics for badges. I'm down to one heroic per 80, just for the Frost Emblems. I needs my Primordial Saronite, you know.
- Allison Robert: Last-minute Christmas shopping, probably some 10-man stuff with the guildies.
- C. Christian Moore (@thearenaguy): alts are 70 right now. Hitting 80 in a day or two from well, let's say "creative leveling," in Icecrown and Zul'drak. And by "creative leveling" of course, I mean going to a spot where respawns are <15 seconds and looping around killing stuff with my 80 for them. About an hour a level isn't bad. They should be 80 by Monday -- just in time to get arena points for the week.
- Chase Christian (@madsushi): Decorating our Christmas tree (years behind, I know) and buying a few last-minute gifts. In game, my guild is shooting for our first Tribute to Insanity run, after a mistake last week forced us to accept a 49 attempt kill.
- Christian Belt (@ihatewarlocks): Continuing to chain-run random heroics with the Dungeon Finder on my holy pally. The groups come super-quick because he's a healer, and I've almost finished scooping up a full set of tier 9 for him. Gearing up alts is so ridiculously easy now... come on Blizzard! What happened to the grind? Where's the timesink? Everybody knows it's not an MMO without a massive timesink!
- Dan O'Halloran: Working the WoW Dungeon Finder tool not only with my 80 moonkin druid, but also with my 32 mage. Also getting back into Skirmishes in LotRO, this time duo'ing with a friend. I think there may be 2-3 holiday parties sprinkled throughout the weekend as well. Hope they're scheduled between Icecrown runs...
- Daniel Whitcomb (@danielwhitcomb): Mostly I will be scrambling to get Christmas shopping and other associated chores done, but if I can fit it in, I'd like to finish farming badges for my tanking offspec set for my death knight and start focusing on gearing up my druid for healing.
- Gregg Reece (@slicertool): Going to see Avatar, dinner with the in-laws, and trying to figure out what to roll up for my Eberron character for an upcoming D&D campaign. Oh, and since I've already got my proto-drake, I'm ignoring the Winter's Veil activities just because I can. Plus I think I'm scheduled for something involving a large citadel in the vicinity of Icecrown.
- Kelly Aarons (@Cadistra): Heading out of town tonight to see my Dad and stepmum for Channukah/Christmas/whatever. Free food! :D Also - Byron, and hopefully sum Grizzly Hillz.
- Lisa Poisso (@emused): Avatar. Holiday baking. Leveling a newbie. Wine. Gift wrapping. Celebrating the solstice.
- Matt Low (@matticus): Yes, I managed to get my twitter name back. Couple of early holiday parties to go to. Hopefully I can squeeze in some more dungeon running on my shaman and paladin.
- Matthew Rossi (@MatthewWRossi): Since the shaman's gotten some decent gear, the DK may see some random PUG action. Or maybe I'll just run the warriors some more. God, DPS warriors are still fun to play.
- Michael Gray (@writegray): Dungeon Finder. Hopefully making it up to a group for whom I tanked after a bit of overindulgence.
- Michael Sacco (@mikesacco): Planning, plotting, possibly scheming.
- Robin Torres (@cosmiclaurel): Dungeon Finder with the level 33 priestess. How did I ever level without it?
Filed under: Odds and ends