There's an excellent interview with Tom Chilton, the World of Warcraft lead game designer, up on GameInformer. Lots of stuff we've heard before, but there are some interesting talking points. For example:
- They are looking into extending the dungeon finder to 10-man content.
- Chilton hinted that we may see a new boss in the Ruby Sanctum before Cataclysm launches
- They have a "general philosophical approach of getting the hybrids to where they're close to the DPS classes when it comes to DPS roles. Otherwise, those specs just turn into joke specs."
- They feel warlocks could use a boost to their DPS.
- Tol Barad, the Cataclysm equivalent to Wintergrasp, will be more of a Isle of Quel'Danas style daily quest hub instead of a farming zone.
- Before settling on death knights for Wrath of the Lich King's hero class, they specifically debated necromancers and rune-masters.
- They feel that with all the accessibility work they did on end game PvE in Wrath, end game PvP has become harder to get into by comparison.