The random dungeon finder is getting a nice facelift in patch 3.3.3
! There are a few things about the current system that cause occasional problems, and they're being solved.
The most important change is not in the official notes yet, but a Zarhym post clarified
that there will be no cooldown on the vote kick function. Combined with the fact that we'll be able to put a reason for the vote kick in the interface itself instead of having to whisper everyone, I think the classes that queue as tanks for the quick queue and then make it clear that they can't tank will find themselves doing less dungeons a day now.
The other exceptionally nice part of these changes is that we won't need to scrub around in general or trade looking for a holiday boss group, and won't have to travel either.
The full list from the patch notes after the break.
Official Patch 3.3.3 PTR Notes
- The Deserter debuff given to players who leave a dungeon prematurely when queuing via the Random Dungeon option has been increased to 30 minutes, up from 15 minutes. The cooldown for using the Random Dungeon option remains 15 minutes.
- The Random Dungeon cooldown is no longer displayed as a debuff. Instead, players will see the cooldown time remaining displayed in the Dungeon Finder window when Random Dungeon or Random Heroic Dungeon is selected from the pull-down.
- If a player in your party has the Deserter debuff, or is on cooldown from the Random Dungeon option, his or her character name will be displayed in the Dungeon Finder window listed as "On Cooldown," preventing the group from queuing.
- Anyone in a dungeon party can now re-queue their group for a dungeon, as players will still be prompted whether or not to accept their chosen role.
- Players who use the Vote Kick option will now be prompted to provide a reason for kicking a party member. This reason will be presented to everyone in the party except for the person voted to be kicked.
- When joining as a group, more generous level requirements will be used instead of Random Dungeon level requirements so that players of different levels joining together will be eligible for a greater number of dungeons.
- World Event bosses (such as Ahune for the Fire Festival) will now be accessible through the Dungeon Finder. Players must use the Dungeon Finder to access these bosses.
- Parties randomly created via the Dungeon Finder will always be arranged in the party interface from top to bottom in the following order: tank, healer, damage, damage, damage.
- If a random party is created via the Dungeon Finder and a player cannot roll Need on an item, a reason will now be provided.
Filed under: News items