Once again it's the weekend, which can mean only one thing -- it's time to catch up on our gaming. Surely you know what it's like: during the week we have work or school or other obligations that may keep us away from our favored pastime. But with the week over, it's time for play. This week in addition to asking the WoW.com team what they're playing this weekend, I've also asked them to include a shot of their character in their favorite set of gear. And, though it's hardly a scientific poll, from the answer I've recieved it seems safe to conclude that the paladin's tier 2 armor set is a crowd favorite. So without further introduction, read on to see what the team is up to this weekend -- or to let us know what you're going to be playing.
Gallery: WRUP: My favorite things edition
- Allison Robert (@AllisonRobert): Getting more guildies their 10-man frostwyrms on Sunday and campaigning to have heroic Sindragosa-25 banned under the Geneva Conventions. Best outfit? Druid tier 6 with a Stanchion of Primal Instinct, a Wildfury Greatstaff, or (if you want to keep the raptor theme consistent) an Origin of Nightmares. A feral druid at the end of Burning Crusade looked lovely. A feral druid at the end of Wrath is a cross between a hentai nightmare and a geist knockoff sporting a polearm it looks like you stole from the raid's hunters (which, in a way, you kinda did). I feel like my spec has been doomed to a permanent case of Outland Clown Syndrome.
- Anne Stickney (@Shadesogrey): This weekend we're working on more ICC hardmode content, and I am writing like a fiend. And watching Doctor Who the second I get some free time DON'T BLINK AMY GOD PLEASE DON'T BLINK -- right then, favorite in-game costume or outfit? You're asking someone whose bank consists of 99% clothing items here. I'll narrow it down to three -- the Bloodfang set because it is gorgeous, the Darkmantle set (complete with Barman's Shanker!) because the quest line to get it was so much fun... and the Postmaster's Set. Don't ask how long it took to farm all the pieces for that one.
- Brian Wood (@frostheimwhu): The usual round of weekend WoW: raiding, Hunting Party Podcast, destroying things with that perfect combination of dwarf and pet. Assuming the weather holds, it is lovely outside and I'm thinking of badgering the sister into going canoeing.
- Basil Berntsen (@outdps): My weekend will be devoted to celebrating my 3rd wedding anniversary! Dinner and a movie are definitely in the plans, as is recording an episode of the Hunting Party Podcast and Call To Auction. My favorite getup? Probably a set of caster mail. I'm building a "What you lookin' at, tough guy?" set for when people want to criticize my gearing choices from the armory.
- C. Christian Moore (@thearenaguy): I'm going to a Magic: The Gathering tournament this weekend which happens to be 10 minutes from my house, what luck! I might work a bit on the 60 twink or playing the auction house as well. I haven't been playing much arena lately (I think most of us are kind of bored waiting for Cataclysm), so I've been occupying my time with other stuff. My favorite in-game gear? Probably a tie between warrior T6 and warlock T2.
- Dan O'Halloran: Mobile 3D MMO Pocket Legends just released a major update so I'll be digging into that this weekend. I've also discovered that my beloved Tower Defense-like Defender Chronicles on my iPhone released two new maps. My enthusiasm for the new web browser RTS Lord of Ultima is flagging as it is taking longer and longer to get anything accomplished, but I've discovered ohai's Facebook MMO City of Eternals. Yes, it's a vampire MMO on Facebook. Don't judge me.
- Daniel Whitcomb (@danielwhitcomb): With Cataclysm news heating up, I think I'm finally going to make the final push for Loremaster on my death knight before it's theoretically possibly too late, depending on what they do with it in Cataclysm. As for my favorite RP outfit, I actually very much enjoy wearing a kilt (usually Stormrage or Devout) on my druid -- and nothing else. It's seriously a legit male Night Elf fashion statement! Fandral Staghelm and that one dude in Forest Song both go bare-chested, at least.
- Dawn Moore (@dawnwow): The game of life and a quest for bubble tea is all I have going for me this weekend. More PvP if I have some free time, plus the usual LK H stuff.
- Gregg Reece: I'm playing daddy, playing mowing the lawn, and playing lack of sleep. Earlier in the week, I got to play replace the garbage disposal. On the bright side, I think I'm also playing WoW at various points including some WoW.com guild stuff.
- Joe Perez (@Lodurzj): Having successfully recovered from what was apparently food poisoning, I'll be diving back into preparation for Lich King 25 on Monday. Working on that last 35% before he kills us and then mass rez! Also after reading every week about Dan's exploits in LotRO decided that in between mining in EVE I would re-sub my LotRO account and play around with the new expansion some. I'm also in the process of setting up a new music blog with @Doug_williams and @Ithato over at Bored and dangerous. Hard to go astray with good friends who are passionate about music right? As far as favorite outfit, for WoW it would be a tie between shaman tier 2 and tier 6, although if I can count EVE Ships as an outfits (since we change ships as frequently as gear upgrades anyways) I pick the Gallente Megathron.
- Kelly Aarons (@Cadistra): Chugging along with the highly-enjoyable Argent Tourney with my druid. Hopefully going to squeeze some Torchlight in between helping a friend move and stacks of comics. As for outfits? Hmmm... since I know that druid T6 doesn't count, I'm actually gunning for the Willow Robe. Perfect druid RP dress. <3
- Mathew McCurley (@gomatgo): BBQ for a friend's birthday and possibly some WoW this weekend. Best outfit is paladin T2, of course.
- Matthew Rossi (@matthewwrossi): The usual, heroics in ICC, maybe ICC 10 over the weekend. My favorite RP outfit is my old Wrath Tier 2 with Sulfuras. I am metal shark!
- Michael Gray (@writegray): I'm sailing miniature boats in my basement in Boonsboro, MD, because apparantly floods are the hip thing in that area. I'll also be playing fetch with Sylvanas. I'll second Zach's use of Judgement as my favorite character outfit. Nothing has captured the essence of being a paladin as strongly as that gear has. If I had the option to click "permanent-judgement set" for all of my characters, I would.
- Rich Maloy (@stoneybaby): As per usual, I'll be in 10s on Friday, qt w gf on Saturday, then 25s hard mode progression continues on Saturday & Sunday nights. Sunday day will find me hunched over my computer continuing to build out the Big Crits website. My favorite outfit is the gray suit from Lunar Festival. Here's Stoney, as Draenei and Troll, in Festive Black Pant Suit.
- Robin Torres (@cosmiclaurel): I'll be doing a little RP as I help to prepare for Operation: Gnomeregan, some crafting on Robinemia and on Sunday, I'll of course be Running with the Orphans.
- Zach Yonzon (@Battlemasters): StarCraft 2 beta is finally available for the Mac -- if I manage to get my original beta key working for the Mac client, my weekend is going to be backlogged with mining minerals and vespene gas. If that doesn't pan out, all I'll be mining is baby poop. As for my favorite outfit in-game...
Filed under: WoW Insider Business