The worst part about Cataclysm is waiting for it, apparently. As part of our weekly ritual, we asked the WoW.com staff what they were up to this weekend, and as a special bonus, what they were doing to prepare for Cataclysm.
Depends on your focus, looks like. Some of us are building profession stockpiles, some of us are building cohesive raid groups, some of us are making sure we get old-world achievements due for a phase-out, and some of us are ... just not really playing until Cataclysm. What about you guys? What are your plans for the Waitaclysm?
Our plans, and other personal minutiae, after the break.
- Allison Robert (@AllisonRobert): Another heroic ICC-10 on Sunday, but otherwise I'm just going to catch up on some reading. I've got a real page-turner named "Historical Sketch of Bookbinding as an Art." I can't wait to find out who did it. Before Cataclysm? My druid's done pretty much all she can do at this point, so I'll either work on my shaman a bit more or take some evenings to run Nostalgia-Palooza Game Night (Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Age of Empires, SimCity).
- Anne Stickney (@Shadesogrey): ICC25 on Sunday, the rest of the weekend will be spent busily working away on stuff. As for pre-Cata stuff, farming for impossible things. The list right now includes the ZG tiger mount, the white hawkstrider out of heroic MGT (still only seen it drop once ever!) and the right Binding of the Windseeker off of Garr in MC.
- Basil Berntsen (@outdps): I'm raiding and auctioneering. As far as I'm concerned, this expansion isn't over until I say it is!
- Christian Belt (@ihatewarlocks): I'm having a retro weekend, alternating between playing Chrono Trigger on my DS and Shining Force 2 on my Dingoo A320. The DS usually gets played as I'm going to sleep, and the Dingoo gets played while I'm on the toilet. Any time I'm not on the toilet or going to sleep, I'm at work. Stupid financial responsibilities. To prep for Cata, I'm leveling as many alts as humanly possible. My mage and paladin are about as geared as they're going to get, I just finished the initial level 80 gearing for my hunter, and now I'm turning my eye toward my 70 rogue and 73 death knight, after which it'll be time for my 48 warrior. See, when Cataclysm hits, I want to be able to essentially field my own 10-man raid to go tackle Deathwing. I think it's a realistic goal.
- Daniel Whitcomb (@danielwhitcomb): I've finally been inspired to finish out my druid's healing set and try to get a decent feral set put together for leveling purposes before Cataclysm. I'm also going to continue trying to find time to quest to Loremaster on my death knight before the expansion drops, but it's proving harder to set aside the time than I thought.
- Dawn Moore (@dawnwow): Playing Portal (via steam for mac) for the first time. Also arena, LK H, and working a bunch! Still need to get a hold of Fallout...
- Joe Perez (@Lodurzj): Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things by starting our 25-man raiding back up on Monday, everyone's batteries are recharged and raring to go! Playing another play-through of Dragon Age Origins: Awakening and building some furniture for the homestead. While waiting for Cataclysm, I've begun finishing out my 100 mount achievement. Solo farming Baron, both ZG mounts and the mount from MrT while working on getting the PvP mounts as well.
- Kelly Aarons (@Cadistra): Puttering around and questing in WoW. I'll keep questing until the end, as I adore seeing the little stories unfold. Also going to try and get a chance to play 'The Adventures of P.B. Winterbottom that I bought off of Steam a few weeks back. As for what I'm doing until Cata? Annoying the hell out of 3v3 teams as I queue up, then immediately drop with the rest of my team. Why? Arena points! What for? The Relentless Gladiator druid set. What? It's pretty!
- Lisa Poisso (@emused): I'm reading all weekend. (Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth -- yes, I'm a little slow getting there, but boy is it a page-turner!) As for what I'm playing? Anyone who even mentions a computer or a game this weekend is at risk of personal injury. I've got pages to turn.
- Matt Low (@matticus): I'll be playing some Bad Company 2! I suspect I'll also be playing Starcraft 2 while preparing for Cataclysm. In the meantime, I'll need to whet my appetite by absorbing as much news and media as I can about it.
- Mathew McCurley (@gomatgo): This weekend we are going to high tea. Also, Ikea. Whilst waiting for Cataclysm, we are working on our Icecrown drakes and eagerly awaiting Ruby Sanctum.
- Matthew Rossi (@matthewwrossi): I'm working on 25 hard modes (only have Sindy, Put and LK left) and tinkering about on the PTR. While waiting for Cat I'm collecting gear that isn't the best now but which will be much better when the Cat changes hit.
- Michael Sacco (@mikesacco): Eagerly awaiting the release of Red Dead Redemption. I'm actually looking for a good game to play after FFXIII grew stale very quickly. What am I doing in preparation for Cataclysm? Not playing WoW.
- Rich Maloy (@stoneybaby): This weekend its back to the usual: QT w the GF, raids on Sat & Sun. Also we are recording player interviews with each featured player this weekend and getting more content going on the Big Crits site. Before Cata I'd love to finish as many 25 man raid achievements as possible, from Naxx all the way through Ruby Sanctum.
- Robin Torres (@cosmiclaurel): When The Spawn's asleep, there's more Dexter to catch up on. Otherwise, I'll be playing some Peenk. For Gnomeregan! And that's what I'm doing while waiting to make my army of goblin girls: enjoying the game that is.
- Tyler Caraway (@Murmurs): I don't know if I'll be playing much of anything. I got the whole weekend off from work, it's my birthday, and I am going to party it up! If I find myself sober for long enough, I'll probably be leveling my shaman to 80.
Filed under: WoW Insider Business